Limit Straps from Ruffstuff!

Dan Fredrickson

Limit Straps have been around for a long time and they used to be very reasonably priced. Over the last few years increased demand has I driven up the price to the point I am doing something about it. When I was in college a friend of mine owned a small company sewing climbing equipment (A5 Adventures), now and then I worked for him and learned a thing or two about just what it takes to make webbing stay together.

awww.ruffstuffspecialties.com_gallery_albums_userpics_10001_normal_bikini_20limit_20strap.jpg

awww.ruffstuffspecialties.com_gallery_albums_userpics_10001_normal_bikinilimit_20strap_203.jpg

We are bringing that kind of quality to our Limit straps. We only make Quad Straps because I see no reason to go any lighter. At Ruffstuff we also know a bit about steel and the ends of our limit straps are NOT 4130 Chromoly like one of our competitors advertises there's to be. The straps would tear long before 3/16" mild steel would, even with our 7,000lb Mil-Spec nylon. Chromoly in this case is just a catchword to get your attention and make them more expensive.

We use a gold zinc plating on our ends and they also have a built in deflector that spreads the load over a greater area for less wear and a longer life. We offer the Limit Straps alone or a kit including the weld on ends for the axle and chassis.

You can buy them alone for for $20 in lengths from 12" to 32" or with the weld on brackets for $27 ready to go!

One thing to always keep in mind is that limit straps tend to stretch ~10% of their overall length under load and over time. So factor that in when you are taking your measurements!

Remember you want your springs to be limited before they completely relax, otherwise when you land those sick jumps they aren't really pushing back until you are half way to the bump stops.

Back