license GONE

what about people who drive when they're tired? that's proven to be just as bad as driving drunk. where are they on your "notches"?

i'm not saying these things are right, but there's alot of other "accepted" acts of driving that need to be addressed before or at least along with these taboos.

One thing is for sure I have already learned my lesson. 3 moving and 2 non moving violations will hurt the wallet, even when 1 of the 3 moving stuck

I place street racers just a bare notch above the lowest, DWI's. A few years ago, about 3 am I was sitting at a light, fixing to cross a 4 lane city street. Light turned green, I started out, saw blue lights a block and a half down coming fast, and clamped on the brakes, already into the first lane.

It wasn't until then I saw the cars, no lights, probably breaking a hundred....if I hadn't seen the blue lights farther back, I would have been in the middle of that intersection. No contact, but it was way too close for comfort. That would not have would up good for anybody

Let's try a little exercise here for my enjoyment.

I place OFF ROADER just a bare notch above the lowest, THEIFS. A few years ago, about 3 am I HEARD A NOISE OUTSIDE. LOOKED OUT THE WINDOW AND SAW HEADLIGHTS.

It wasn't until then I saw the JEEP DOING DONUTS IN THE NEIGHBORS FIELD, no FENDERS, NO SEAT BELTS breaking a LIFT LAW....if I hadn't seen the HEAD lights OUT back, I Could have been RUN OVER IN MY OWN YARD OR HAD MY WIFES FLOWERS DESTROYED. No DAMAGE, but it was way too close for comfort. That would not have would up good for anybody

Sorry, just had to...
but don't condemn any group based on the actions of one. Otherwise we are all Redneck Budweiser drinking pot smoking wife beater wearing toothless racist assholes in monster rucks.

Let's try a little exercise here for my enjoyment.

Gee, I wasn't meaning to wizz in your wheaties or anything. I just related a personal experience where I started thru a green light and almost got picked off at 100mph.

And yes, I do condemn all street racers, and DUI's by the actions of a few. There are places to legally and safely offroad, just as there are places to legally and safely race. The "worst possible outcome" is too close and too real. I just made the point that only difference between somebody living and getting killed that night was me seeing the oncoming popo, and stopping before fully obstructing that intersection.

Did I mention that I was pulling a trailer? It was in January of 2000. I was moving my business to a new location, and that was the night we were moving furniture and equipment.

And *I* am not toothless, either. :)

Back