LED Shop lights: Where to buy from? Best for the money

Jeep_parts

LED Shop lights:

I am currently looking to install new lights in my shop and want to go with LED’s.

Let me know which LED fixtures you are using along with cost for each and where you bought them.

thanks

I'm in the process of replacing the florescent lights in the shop. I'm going the ballast bypass route, I bought the LED bulbs off Amazon.

I just converted all our shop lighting over to LED. I used a local distributor for ALEO lighting and was able to get 75% off with all the duke rebates. Replaced 12 250W Metal halide high bays with 14 95W High bays with more output and much better CRI rating (in a paint shop, so it really helps). The same fixtures can be found online for a little over $100 each. Converted all my T8 and T12 fixtures with ALEO troffer units and got replacement LED dusk to dawn lights for out back. Huge difference in light output, 7 year warranty with no more $30 bulbs to change, and should save me a couple bux each month!
100_4285.JPG

Edit: Also super easy to install and/or convert!

I'm in the process of replacing the florescent lights in the shop. I'm going the ballast bypass route, I bought the LED bulbs off Amazon.
I did this in my garage after a vendor gave us several lights in my office. Very cheap option that has doubled my lumens

Bigassfans offers a hell of a shop light as well but for 3 bills per....not really worth it to me

4500 lumens at 42 watts is in the same range as T5HO flourescent (5000 lumens from 54 watts). I have these T5HO fixtures from home depot, and they are awesome: Lithonia Lighting 4-Light High Output White Fluorescent Strip Light Fixture-TZR 2 54T5HO MVOLT 1/4 GEB10PS - The Home Depot
But now they have LED bulbs for the T5 fixtures which are 6200 lumens per bulb. So 4 bulbs is nearly 25k lumens. I would probably go that route if I did it again. 4 fixtures light my 1400 sqft shop very well with flourescents, and would probably be even better with LED's.

EnviroLite
Model # ST8L74DMD40
4.4211(19)
70-Watt 8 ft. White Integrated LED MV 7400 Lumen Surface Mount/ Home Depot. Pretty sure this is what I bought. Had 2 of them installed in my 12'high garage. Them suckers are bright!
Not in Stores, will need to be shipped to home, or a store for free pick up.
HD also has a 90 watt/8200 Lumen, but I liked the Look of the 70 watt fixture. Also $82 vs $89.

Back