Lake View Trail?

Metal Man

Ok, Lake View Trail has been "Under Construction" since 2011ish, Does anyone know what the hold up is? How can we as a community get this in gear? Is it a political thing or a funding issue? If it is funding, do we have any numbers on what needs to be raised?

There are a couple of members on this site that probably know what is going on. Hopefully they will respond.

I'm trying to see what's needed so I can organize my club to help get it done. Weather that's fund raising, volunteering, activism, or what ever we can do as a club.:rockon:

All the above. They have mapped the trail our and worked around a few of the issues it had.
Funding is always an issue.

Right now the biggest issue holding up progress is the fact that the trails we already have are not self sustaining(spider webbing trails, trash, etc etc). Until we reach a point that trail repair and block offs are not required every week or 2 there will be no new trails.

This can be helped with treadlightly being spread by your club, and coming to work days or having your own work days. We are trying to get more enforcement on the trails of illegal riding and damages.

That being said, keep an eye on ure news for the next trail staggery meeting and feel free to come help any way you can!

That's great, our club (Mud N' Blood ORC) just learned our ride in July is the same as a work day and we are going to put in a few hrs helping. When it comes to funding do we have any numbers as to what needs to be raised and who should the funds be sent to? We will organize fund raisers as a club to help.

By the way, becoming Tread Lightly certified is a requirement to be part of our club and if you are caught not adhering to Tread Lightly you will be removed from the club. Too many D-bags out there that screw it up for the rest of us so we don't play games on that end.

Back