July 18th 2015 Uwharrie OHV Workday

krzyabncanuck

BLM HOTSHOT
Next workday is coming up. Just trying again to get this out there at the beginning of the month to remind folks it is coming. Thanks for continuing to support our trails as it gets harder to stay in front of stuff happening.

Sorry guys. Probably will not be making this one. it is up in the air as I am on standby for going to a wild fire mission in Alaska right now.

Last edited:
This is the email I got from Terry. I don't think anyone from the USFS will be making it out. We have to pick up our supplies from the Kings Mtn Point camp host.

The July work day is this upcoming Saturday, July 18th & I’ll be out of town and there are only 7 folks left here in the office over this weekend because 5 folks are out on fire assignments. I’m just going to ask folks that want to come up to volunteer this weekend to just clean up trash around the trail heads, along the trails and at dispersed campsites so that nobody has to worry about getting tools or supplies.

Is your club really going to come up this weekend to do the blocking off of illegal trails with the logs from the old log crossings? If you are then I will get the tools (augers, post hole diggers, shovels & passes, etc.) out to our host at King’s Mt Point & you can meet him on Saturday to get the stuff you need and then to return it to him there at King’s Mt Point. So let me know if you’ll be coming up for sure or not on Saturday. You can do the work at the August workday on Aug 15th instead. I need to know about this weekend by Wednesday morning so I can get the stuff out to KMP that afternoon because I’ll be on vacation from July 16 to 26. Thanks.

Bye - Terry

We got a good bit of work done. The auger worked better than I thought it would in the middle of summer. We got most of the problem areas addressed for the spider trails on Dutch John as well as the routine trash pick up. We will need some more all-thread and time to finish it up but is is much better than it was!

Even had time for our rookie to figure out that the soup bowl isn't all that cool :)

IMG_0754.JPG
IMG_0755.JPG
IMG_0756.JPG
IMG_0757.JPG
IMG_0758.JPG
IMG_0759.JPG
IMG_0760.JPG
IMG_0761.JPG
IMG_0762.JPG

Good chatting with you out there on the hill climb on Dutch John.

Back