Jeepster Commando Jeepster Commando Pix

pcole0920

Does anyone on this site have or have had a Jeepster Commando/Jeep Commando? I love the look of these jeeps and would like to see what some people have came up with. below is a few i found

Attachments

• jeepster.jpg
    jeepster.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 4,013
  • jeepster 2.jpg
    jeepster 2.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 827
You can see my '68 above the banner ads when it scrolls thru. There's a couple others on here too. I'll see about some pics here in a minute.

ai215.photobucket.com_albums_cc29_R_Queen_RQURE06.jpg

ai215.photobucket.com_albums_cc29_R_Queen_Helipad.jpg

ai215.photobucket.com_albums_cc29_R_Queen_ure2011.jpg

We have a Jeepster Jam coming up in June where you can see a bunch of us together and have a good time too.

BTW, theres a nice Butterscotch '72 on Hwy 8 before you get to the lake that sits in the driveway on the right near you. Also one of the Hedricks has/had a really nice green '69 that I saw off of 64 one day.

yea the old man the has the butterscotch one would never sell it but it is a really nice jeep he also has a few parts jeeps sitting out back. i dont know much about these jeeps but i really like them and would love to build one some where down the road. what axles and motor does these jeeps come with btw?

Jeepsters (66-71) usually have the Buick 225 v6, sometimes a 4cyl. Diffs are front Dana 27 and the '71's had the open knuckle 30. Rears can be a Dana 30 but mostly Dana 44.
Commandos, (72 &73) motors are 258 or 304. Diffs are 30 and 44.
All have Dana 20 xfer
Trannys are 3 spd manual or T400

There is one down the road from my house rusted original paint non running tried buying it every other month he just keeps upping the price so he wont have to sell it then he asks if i know where any parts would be for it... lol sucks its a nice one too!

The guys over at Farmington Motors in Mocksville are building a 2wd one right now. when they make some pic worthy progress i'll try to remember to post some

I just finished this one up for a customer.
2.5 inch YJ OME springs, shackle reversal, bilstien 5125's and a rear bumper. It's a driver, goes down the road at 70 mph riding like a Caddy. You could eat off this thing.

m_006.jpg

Get on 49 and head East. When you come into Harrisburg you'll see a Hardee's and a CVS on your left. Go through that light and the one after it and we are the next light. Pharr Mill rd, turn right and I'm in the first building on your right. You can see my big rock pile and the shop from 49. If you get to Foils scrap metal yard then you've gone too far.
Stop by any time man. If the doors are open or there is somke coming out of the chimney, I'm there.

Back