jeep to 102 wheel base

90jeepman

90 jeep yj i am fixing to long arm the rear to a 102" wheel base and cut the rear out locked front and rear 373 gears 4.0 5 speede
90jeepman868.jpg

90jeepman865.jpg

90jeepman866-1.jpg

I AM GOING TO CUT THE REAR MOUNT OFF AND MOVE THEM BACK AND MAKE MY OWN SHACKELS

assuming the pins are centered on the leafs, won't this move you axle back 5" towards the rear?

How much is it offset? it doesnt look like it will be enough. your axle is a little further forward than stock how its sitting right now. if u cut the back hanger off and move it back more than a couple inches your axle is going to be to far backwards creating rubbing issues on the firewall as well as a shorter wheelbase than stock. even if you move it a couple inches the springs still will be to long. unbolt the spring from the axle and move hte spring so your shackles move back to a more desirable angle and then look where the center pin will be. it will probably be super close to right below the firewall making it impossible to run that setup.

i may be 100% wrong but thats what it looks like from the pictures u posted.

^^ That is what I was seeing as well. But the pics could be decieving (sp)

would like to see a pic of the front and the back...if you don't mind that is.. thank you :)

Why did you decide to LA the rear, and run leaves in the front? Lets see those pics of the whole jeep!

Back