Jeep Junkie Magazine

Juice52

Hi everyone, just wanted to let you know that I am the new editor of Jeep Junkie magazine which is the relaunch of Full Size Jeep magazine. The magazine will now include all models of Jeep vehicles. So if you would like to be featured in the magazine or would just like to have your picture in there please send them to editor@FSJmagazine.com . The web site will be www.jeepjunkie.com. Thanks- Stephan

Great, just what we need. Another magazine with all of the same stuff as every other jeep offroad magazine out there. I liked it as a solely full size jeep magazine, I will feel no need to buy it now that it will be a JP wannabe

Stephan,

Is it necessary to send pics to you or will you still be publishing photos taken from forums and websites without permission? :confused:

Same for features. Will you be using stories and other articles from owners of different makes and changing it to say Jeep?

Will circulation improve from before? Some people got two issues, others went months without a single issue, you requiering registered letters to cancel the subscription, etc.

:popcorn:

I am right behind fsjowner and J10-Junkie on some issues with this magazine Stephen. Like no word to subscribers what-so-ever regarding the change in format from the old mag. Like a picture of my father and his FSJ in the last one I received with no questions or comments about how it was ripped off my ISP for the magazine. How about it? Inquiring minds want to know...

Good luck with the rag. :popcorn:

I am in a business where we use pictures all the time. If your taking these photos without permission your going to find yourself in a world of shit, and if i see any of my photos in there without my permission we will have a few rounds...

Why buy a magazine about a specific subject and completely change the subject? Why not just start one from scratch?
Can't be for the customer base, cause most of them have already posted on a few boards that they have no interest in following the new magazine.

I think the worst part about the whole ordeal is the fact that "promises" were made to keep the magazine MOSTLY FSJ related, with a few small Jeep articles here and there. Please don't get me wrong, I'm not here to slander anyone, but when you make such promises to such a dedicated group, it's best to keep those promises. Those who attended the '06 ECI were told a bald faced lie by the new guy. It's as simple as that. Hell, as it turns out, the new guy doesn't even wheel a FSJ, though he says in print that an XJ is a Full Size Jeep. I've got friends who have been dedicated subscribers to FSJ Magazine since day one, and now all of a sudden, they are going on 5 months without an issue being delivered. Those subscribers asking to cancel their subscriptions are being given the runaround. FSJs are unique in their own way, and the owners of them had a FSJ (only) Magazine. Now we, as FSJ owners, get to choose from 3, very alike magazines, including "Jeep Junkie", "JP Magazine", "4 Wheel & Sport Utility Magazine". It's all the same now. I'm sorry about the long "rant", but FSJ owners USED TO have something just for themselves and that is now in the past. On behalf on a good amount of FSJers, we salute you:fuck-you:

Colorado, North Dakota, North Carolina, Somewhere else in Colorado, wow man you got some dedicated fans there.

He published one article I submitted and 3 pics of my Chief in reader' rides that I did not.
He also had one of my 69 Gladiator with the hood off and sans engine in a section that was labeled "Gone But Not Forgotten".
NOT COOL!:shaking:

Colorado, North Dakota, North Carolina, Somewhere else in Colorado, wow man you got some dedicated fans there.

AT&T, like reachin out to touch someone...

BTW, I bought my 88 GW in Charlotte while living there in 95. Some of us are from all over and not one place. Mine has been from the New River in WV to Cape Hatteras to Key West to Imogene Pass...

I supported FSJ Magazine from issue #2, May 2000 to issue #20, March 2006. Rest in Peace.

Hey Juice! Here's some pics you can put in Jeep Junky aka FSJ Magazine!
Here's a picture of my FULL SIZE JEEP Hybrid!
aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v406_Wagothing_civicrhino.jpg

And my FULL SIZE JEEP parts Jeep:
aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v406_Wagothing_rabbitrhino.jpg

Here's one of my INDOOR ONLY FULL SIZE JEEP ! Look! It's even got a Rhino!
aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v406_Wagothing_backdoorrhino.jpg

This is my FULL SIZE JEEP that cuts my grass!
aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v406_Wagothing_lawnmowerrhino.jpg

And least, but certainly not last, here's my FULL SIZE JEEP custom built by George Forman! It cooks burgers and reduces fat at the same time!
aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v406_Wagothing_georgeformanrhino.jpg

This is fun! EVERYTHING is a FSJ! All you have to do is want it to be a FSJ and whala! It's a FSJ! You don't even need an actual FSJ part to do it yourself, I just like to go that extra mile.
:shaking:

FSJThing said:
"Last edited by FSJThing : Yesterday at 11:18 PM. Reason: In a fit of frustraition regarding the uneducated nature of the primary subject of this thread I let my grammar fail me. "

:lol: Now that's funnay...

Yep, steppin' up from AZ for my FSJ brethern,
I love rigs.
Could be a Stang, a Pinz, an XJ or Bronco, I really do not care.
BUT THESE FOLKS WERE DONE SOME WRONG
You can not be/have an FSJ magazine, without respecting the FSJ and from where it came and those who choose to own them.
01hill.JPG

We are the FSJ's, simply because we are.
It's no offense to nc4x4 or anyone else, but we are obviously not going to be anything else but FSJ's.
It's sort of like sleeping with Paris Hilton, sure, you said you loved her, but you really did not mean it, so stop lying about it :huggy:

HI NC Jeepers... just another Colorado FSJ owner here...
I don't really have anything to add as far as Juice is concerned... He knows how I feel from my emails and cancelled subscription.
I just thought I would share links to the threads that I know about pertaining to this subject, many if not all I am directly a contributor on the International FSJ Forum. So if you have a couple of hours to burn and want some background info... better to read it firsthand. These are listed oldest to newest! This is not a COMPLETE list but it is close. I can't find the thread about the Cherokee article in FSJ mag being the same as a Bronco story in a Bronco mag :mad:
http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=41161
http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=51622
http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=51290
http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=54316
http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=54474
http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=56791
This is one of my personal favorites:
http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=57412
http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=58078

Thanks for the links Jason! I was gonna do that if Juice had further questions and you saved me the trouble. I like where this thread is going and apologize to the regular members for this hijack, but we have all been sitting on questions over at IFSJA that don't have answers, so Juice, pony up dude.

Now I pony up some scenery for you folks that don't get to Moab very often... :rolleyes:
afrontier.net__mystkblu_06moab_matt53.jpg

Meanwhile, Jeep Junkies can kiss my sagging rear end.
afrontier.net__mystkblu_06moab_letithang.jpg

This is very interesting. Same sentiments I've heard from others about similar magazines, too.

apologize to the regular members for this hijack

You guys are more than welcome to stick around... we've been to Moab twice, and flew out to the Rubicon to ride with friends back in September (in a FSJ/Bronco hybrid, no less).

:beer:

Heh, thanks! We have a local guy that blended a Bronco and Jeepster together. The body is the only part that is Jeep...

sp3310085.jpg

That is from EJS 02 coming down off The RIm. We had a few FSJs there for EJS that year too.

Headed out to Klondyke Bluffs:

sp3300023.jpg

Hey y'all, sorry I have not written sooner, I have honestly just looked at this tread today since I posted last. I plan on keeping the FSJs as a big part of the mag and I am not aware of what was said or done before. I was just recently given the opportunity to design and put the magazine together. I plan to only use images that are submitted as well as stories and am not aware what was done before. Send me what you want to be in the magazine and that is what will be in it. I want the magazine to be awesome which I am sure you want the same, so send some great stuff to www.jeepjunkie.com. FSJ guys I feel ya, being and ex FSB guy (I'm currently selling mine) I am a big FULL SIZE fan of almost all brands of Full Size SUVS. I am also a past Jeep owner (3 actually) to hopefully relieve you fears. Well I am going to be slammed so I may not reply for a bit. Thanks for all your help!:D

Back