Jeep Crane

kaiser715

Doing hard time
A friend and I had set to sandblast our 715 beds this week. Problem is, the forklift was broke. So, a couple of hours with the welder and some head scratching, I came up with this:

aimg241.imageshack.us_img241_6187_a1lo6.jpg

Boom is attached to the bumper, and the yellow straps hold it in place (the tie to rollbar, another strap reinforces the rollbar to the rear bumper. Winch cable goes over a pulley wheel at the top. Main tube is 2x2x1/4", and doesn't visibly deflect with a 715 bed (500 lbs) hanging from it.

aimg246.imageshack.us_img246_5097_a2jo7.jpg

Only thing I need to really change is I need to put blocking between the axle and bump stop...plus my tires only had about 10psi, 30 would have helped.

aimg244.imageshack.us_img244_3400_a3ld4.jpg

aimg244.imageshack.us_img244_4404_a5wq6.jpg

We built and tested it in my back yard...now the neighbors know I'm crazy as hell.

The ultimate boner bar!!! That is sweet. Keep that thing around cause it really looks like it will come in handy.

I remember a guy on pirate built one a while back and was even producing kits to sell to others...

Ive had a few situations where it would have been useful, but generally Id hate to store the thing...

Back