Jan 30th 2016 URE OHV workday.

krzyabncanuck

BLM HOTSHOT
The workday has changed dates due to the weather. We can not have another day up there like we did last year where it was too hard to do stuff on the trails.

Hey there folks. Hope everyone had a good holidays. Our first workday of this year is coming up here very soon.

I went out this last week with Terry from the USFS and scouted some stuff to be done.

Pull rails from RML over to Daniel.
Pull rails from spray fields over to spots needed on a few different trails.
Cut back limbs from trails.
Mark trails better.
Put up rails on certain areas.
Pick up garbage in camp sites on trails.

And probably more stuff I have forgotten, but Terry will be sending out a better list here shortly.

Thanks everyone .

Last edited:
Should be able to make it. I'll bring my Truggy and my Stihls for those limbs.
You have a pole saw ? Really needing a few pole saws out there. We have one already , just looking for a few more to be used out there.

On our own for January as far as I know. Unless someone out there wants to step up.

Unfortunately a friend needs my help on his xj so I'm not going to make it now. I was really looking forward to moving Guardrail........ :(

Been looking at the weather. Am going to chat with Terry tomorrow but it might get shifted to the following Saturday.

Date has changed to the 30th of January. Please help spread the word to your clubs everyone.

Thanks everyone. Just need to keep everyone safe out there.

Oh I might make that one! But I do love URE with snow on the trail........

You and me both. But for safety issues we need to change it. Too much rail dragging we need to do among other things.

You and me both. But for safety issues we need to change it. Too much rail dragging we need to do among other things.

If there is a Saturday you and Terry want me to come up with a small crew and drag rail just let me know.

Working on my guard rail hauler this week, picked up more parts and steel today.

I still don't have a running Jeep yet, going to try to work on getting more fabrication done on Operation Gaurd rail Hauler this week pending real job workload and it will be in experimental stage still by this Saturday.... I hope,...

I may (will) need someone trustworthy with a 2" receiver hitch trail rig to tow it on the trails.
My Dodge Ram 3500 CTD Quad Cab long bed is not the ideal trail rig.

These "snow days" canceling school are really making it difficult for my wife and I to stay afloat at work, much less our extra curricular activities but we have been enjoying the sled riding and time with our Awesome Kids!

I hope and will try to be there Saturday, with or without the prototype Gaurd rail Trail hauler transportation device.

If I can manage to dodge work Saturday, is every body meeting at hunt camp or somewhere else .

Back