Is this price good on this TJ?

ZachMan

Only thing I am worried about is the mileage, its 140k miles, but looks to be a well cared for Jeep. Plus 4.0/ax-15s are cheap is something did happen :flipoff2:

He will take $9,000:

This posting is for a 1999 TJ Sahara, 4.0, 5speed, 140K miles. 2nd owner, I've had it for 5 years now, since 43K miles. Very well maintained.

-NP231 w/Advance Adapters SYE, Tera 2Lo kit (lets you use 2wd low range in addition to 4low, 80k on case)
-Tom Wood's CV shaft
-High-pinion 30 front axle, Detroit locker, Big Daddy tie rod, 4.88 gears--regeared professionally less than 20K ago w/new seals, etc. Front driveshaft from a newer TJ just lengthened/balanced.
-Rubicon d44 rear axle swapped in, stock air locker w/stock pump (works perfect) and disc brakes, 4.88's--regeared same time as the front with new seals, etc.
-35" Super Swamper Trxus MT's on AR-767 rims (black), full size spare
-4" springs, 1" body lift, Old Man Emu nitro long travel shocks
-JKS front swaybar disconnects
-PSC rock rings f/r
-PSC rocker knockers
-M.O.R.E. sport cage
-Detours Manufacturing custom front bumper w/winch + light mounts, d-ring mounts
-Detours custom rear bumper w/tire carrier, hitch, d-ring mounts
-Instatrunk, 8" sub/amp w/Sony head unit and upgraded sound bar speakers
-Bestop bikini, windjammer, tonneau cover, barely used. Also Bestop trail cover
-Soft top, no leaks, but few scrapes and normal wear
-New Optima red top battery
-Warn m8000 winch, 3 or 4 pulls, two years old--looks almost new still
-Full hard doors
-RE adjustable arms all around except for Currie rear uppers
-Adjustable trac bars f/r
-ACF Gas tank skid (similar to Kilby's)

I just had the front ball joints done by a shop around 15K ago (all 4). Also just did the front wheel bearings at the same time. New power steering pump (8/1/06) and replaced the serpentine belt while I was at it. Always very well maintained, oil changed w/Mobil1 filter every 3K or 3 months. Redline synthetic oil in the tranny, synthetic in the f/r diffs, new lube in the tcase as well.

pics:

ai19.photobucket.com_albums_b157_BigNutt2_standard5.jpg

ai19.photobucket.com_albums_b157_BigNutt2_standard.jpg

ai19.photobucket.com_albums_b157_BigNutt2_standard4.jpg

ai19.photobucket.com_albums_b157_BigNutt2_standard3.jpg

ai19.photobucket.com_albums_b157_BigNutt2_standard6.jpg

Yeah I think I may get it. Selling my 99 XJ thats modded wit h78k miles for $7.5k to pay more and get 2x the miles kinda sucks though.

Then again I can get this same 4.0/ax-15 with 63k miles for $700.

man thats a good buy with all the extras, and it looks in decent shape.. 140 on the I-6 isnt shit.. and like you said, for a shit load less then what all those mods would cost on another jeep u can stick another motor in, but i can near about promise u, its not going to die anytime soon

I'm in the minority here (ok so far the only negative comment)

But granted there is a good deal of $$$ in the mods, but remember when you are sellin you never get mod $$ back.

And Blue book on the truck in EXC condition is $6,990.

Something to keep in mind, if you buy this and total it the next day 7k is the most you can hope for the ins. company to pay.

Just my opinion, really comes down to what you want.

Funny though, for all the mods done to it, he didnt bother to replace the stock Airbox..

anyways, like I said, Id pick that up ASAP..

Screw KBB. Around here TJ's go for alot higher then TJ value.

Arnt AX-15's suposed to die around 100k?
Check the speedo and make sure it has the right ratio. It could have alot more or less that what the odo has on it

Well found another XJ too that I might want. Its a buddy of mine, he'll take $3500 for it: (deal or no deal?)

First I know this Jeep, its in my club. He got unlucky and tipped it on its side. Its a good Jeep and he is willing to let it go for a decent deal I think.

I am just wondering what would you pay for it? (post a $$ number)

It can be a DD and has a clean title. Only known issues are dents and dings. Has a plexi-glass rear 1/4 glass and a new pass. side door. Has new glass for window, unsure if we can ge it to fit though. I'd be selling my XJ and getting this one, little more built and alot more dented, lol. But it could be worth it since mine would end up like it sooner or later, lol:

99 XJ Classic 4x4
99k miles
4.0/aw4/np231
clean inteiror, cold A/C
6" short arm flexy lift
RE SYE
cv shaft
hp d30 with 4.88s and lock rite(or the like) with 10k miles on them
OTK steering
XJ d44 with 4.88s and lock rite or the like and disc brakes 10k miles
custom front and rear bumpers with tire carrier
skids
custom rock rails and fender guards < (would get chunked)
35" MTs less than 50% on 15x8 black steelies
great working cb
working on an ANtirock swaybar for the front

pics:

good side:

ai19.photobucket.com_albums_b157_BigNutt2_GOODSIDE.jpg

bad side:

ai19.photobucket.com_albums_b157_BigNutt2_lane.jpg

ai19.photobucket.com_albums_b157_BigNutt2_lane3.jpg

ai19.photobucket.com_albums_b157_BigNutt2_STEERING.jpg

ai19.photobucket.com_albums_b157_BigNutt2_FRONTFLEX.jpg

ai19.photobucket.com_albums_b157_BigNutt2_FLEX.jpg

Id pay 3k or 3500 befor I'd pay 9 for the TJ.

Also my only point about the KBB was insurance value. My agent told me (Allstate) that KBB private party was waht their total loss and total payout numbers were based on.

Hopefully for you this is a cash deal, but nothing would suck worse than borrowing 9 k, totalling it 2 days later and the ins. company pays 7k...
Now you owe 2k on a vehicle you dont owe.

Id pay 3k or 3500 befor I'd pay 9 for the TJ.
Also my only point about the KBB was insurance value. My agent told me (Allstate) that KBB private party was waht their total loss and total payout numbers were based on.
Hopefully for you this is a cash deal, but nothing would suck worse than borrowing 9 k, totalling it 2 days later and the ins. company pays 7k...
Now you owe 2k on a vehicle you dont owe.

cash deal, lol I "did" owe $5k on my 99 XJ that I got about $12k in.

lol Ask him if he will include an alignment with that price. :lol:

Dang, beat me to it.

Go to ctjeep.org and find all the posts on this guy... you can find out ALOT about how he uses it by looking at old posts... ;) See if it jives with what he says.

Lane is a good guy, I have riden in that jeep before. He wheels the piss out of it, but I dont think you could get a more capable rig that *can* be street driven for the price.

I think you would be able to get your money back out of that jeep for a few years to come, especially if you do some cosmetic work.

-Tim

Back