In search of Fog Lights...

Macdaddy4738

Since I cant post in the other areas...guess I will post this here.

The stock lights on my Jeep now dont work. The wiring harness coming off the lights have nothing to hook up to, yet theres a switch on the dash board :rolleyes:

But anyways, Im looking for a replacement set, but im not sure what to look for. Im hoping to get something I can use on the road...and off-road as well and work equally well, if they have anything like that. I dont know what the laws are for adding new lights to a vehicle.

Im also looking for a pair of decent backup lights so I can see behind me better...

thanks for any help!

try wallmart

The el-cheapo 6" beams that are maybe $15 each throw off a HUGE amount of light... Wire them into your HIGH beams to trip the relay..

They look like the old-style KC daylighters.

Fawk all that overpriced PIAA garbage.. Forms follows function.

Re: legality, the law in NC is that you cannot have > 4 lights on at a time (on-road). So tpyically this is regular low-beams + 1 set of fogs.
The kicker is that high beams count as 2 lights, so if your high beams are on, then the fogs must be off.
Of course the reality is that while this is the rule, it is unlikely you will get pulled over solely for this (unless cop is in a bad mood).

Re: legality, the law in NC is that you cannot have > 4 lights on at a time (on-road). So tpyically this is regular low-beams + 1 set of fogs.
The kicker is that high beams count as 2 lights, so if your high beams are on, then the fogs must be off.
Of course the reality is that while this is the rule, it is unlikely you will get pulled over solely for this (unless cop is in a bad mood).

That's funny thinking back to my old '65 Mini cooper. I had the headlights, two small under bumper fog lights, and a pair of Rally style fogs in front of the grill. So with Brights on, I guess I had 8 lights.... but rarley would I run them all, just too much for that old Genertor to keep up with. :shaking:

this is after the under bumper lights were removed.
mini4.jpg

The el-cheapo 6" beams that are maybe $15 each throw off a HUGE amount of light... Wire them into your HIGH beams to trip the relay..
They look like the old-style KC daylighters.
Fawk all that overpriced PIAA garbage.. Forms follows function.

X2

I have a set of lights from wally world, i think rallye brand??
They are 100watt each, h3 bulbs. Just a non-scientific approach, but they seem to easily put out 1.5-2 times the amount of light as my new highbeam headlights(housings and bulbs, no haze). I run them off of a relay so they get full batt power. A Huge improvement in offroad, and country back road night-time driving. I've got maybe $35-40 in the whole setup.

Back