ID this TJ trans sensor

GubNi

8 lug disc brakes?
Can someone identify this sensor on the rear of my 97 TJ automatic transmission? It's not a speed sensor.
46450.jpg

All of them I find online are the solenoid with a pigtail and female connector. This is a male connector on the transmission. The female connector goes to the harness. It looks identical other than being transgender, lol

All of them I find online are the solenoid with a pigtail and female connector. This is a male connector on the transmission. The female connector goes to the harness. It looks identical other than being transgender, lol

Look on rockauto under the transmission section for the 2.5L engine. There are pictures of the ones with the passthrough connector that appears to be what you need.

Look on rockauto under the transmission section for the 2.5L engine. There are pictures of the ones with the passthrough connector that appears to be what you need.

I agree its close, but mine is threaded and has a hex on it to unscrew. The connector looks the same.
Screenshot_20190721-061004.png
q

Looking at the Rostra page for that part on RockAuto, the connector itself is Mopar part#56038235 and the solenoid is Mopar part# 52118595.

Rostra 52-0507

The connector is discontinued from Mopar though for many years (so says Jeep people via Google, and all the Mopar parts places seem to agree), so something like the Rostra assembly that includes that connector is likely your only option for replacement.

The other listed part on RockAuto that is listed as "PA Cargo" is the same Rostra part I assume, because PA Cargo's website has Rostra and a shitload of other brands on their linecard. So Rostra might be the only game in town.

I really don't know anything about Jeeps trans, I just did a few minutes of detective work.

Last edited:
Back