I need springs compressed near Apex, NC

vanguard

I'm planning on installing an OME lift kit on my tacoma next weekend. I've having a hard time finding a place to compress my springs on a Saturday. I called 55 Auto but they can't do it on a weekend. I called Holt but they didn't answer the phone, I assume that means no weekends for them too.

Does anybody have a good idea on where to get springs compressed in the Apex/Cary area on a Saturday?

you can go rent spring compressers from like autozone or one of those places

I'd have to pass on the el cheapo spring compressors from auto zone, those things are dangerous and can kill you!

I'm in wilmington and I have a nice Snap on one you could borrow, but thats kinda of far ride, did you try places like Midas or Monroe(somewhere that does struts)? Maybe they'll let you use it if you know how to, i wouldn't trust anyone of those idiots in there to touch my ride, but they do have the tools to get the job done.

Brendan

I called and called and called but nobody would do it on a Saturday. I decided to take a day off tomorrow (Friday) to get to take them to 55 Automotive in Apex. I've heard the OME 882's tax all but the strongest machines so I hope it doesn't give them any problems.

bull shit, the macpherson (sp) type compressers have worked many, many times for me without trouble. ive done 4 XJ's, 2 ZJ's, a WJ and a Taco with that type and i have NEVER had a problem with it

Back