i just pulled the trigger.

BUCKEYE PERFORMANCE INC.

BUCKEYE PERFORMANCE INC.
my speed control went out on the wraith a few months ago and i have been researching since.
while sitting here cross eyed on sleep meds i ordered the torquemaster br-xl with waterproofing and 13t crawlmaster pro 540. wish me luck i hope its worth it

Everything I've ever got has been top quality from holmes hobbies... I'f I ever build a new one, that is the setup I would use.

Be sure and post up how it works!

Be sure and post up how it works!
Well I'm sure you will be their when I get to go back out with it.
I'm ready for some rc crawling
And we need to go down to lake lure and run the river walk trail

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

Just let me know when. I got my steering and front suspension all finished. I tried it in the living room and it worked pretty good from what I can tell.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I found some cool metal drive shafts on eBay I will post the link when I get a chance. I also found a good tip over on RCcrawler forum. You take the drive shaft apart and insert a wooden dowel in the spline side drive shaft tube. It keeps the spline from collapsing and twisting. Its supposed to work pretty good.

I didn't think about the screw. The post didn't say anything about that. If you go pick up some extra and I will get it form ya for mine.

Finally.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1359322067404.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1359322067404.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 485
  • uploadfromtaptalk1359322092937.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1359322092937.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 388
Sweet. Got it in yet?

yup its in for the 3rd time.
i thought id put deans on the motor connector cause i had them so in doing that i could not reverse the motor wires and well i hit the trigger and it backed up so took it out unsolderd wires and switched them then put it back in then realized the throttle was reversed in transmitter so after walking away for a while i took it back out and swapped them back.
the only reason i went through all the hassle was for tunning with the castle link.
also i changed my gearing to a 20t pinion and 87t spur so i think it will be a happy medium
i can control the crawl about like i did before or do a backflip on carpet.
mike i did find a couple metric bolts with long shanks and cut them down to fit inside the driveshafts ill get you the specs on what i used.

Sweet, when we gonna go crawl them? You gonna take yours to Windrock?

yall seem like good friends and that yall have a history together. well ive been looking for someone to crawl with for a while with my wraith because apparently no one is charlotte has a wraith that will tell me and when yall said windrock and lake lure i was like, "oh, well they might be some what close." right now my wraith is down due to how my agressiveness while disassembling it. well i have decided im goin to put the dual motor plate on it and put 2 55t RC4WD motors on it. ill get the traxxas dual motor esc unless yall say otherwise for advice. im goin to turn my wraith into some what of as scaler also. well just let me know what yall think. peace.

I have no experience with the dual motor set up. I would be curious to see how it works.

I'm more into the "scale" aspect. We usually crawl at The Flats, we built a cool RC crawler course there, or up at the Botanical gardens in Asheville, there is a cool creek there that's a lot of fun to crawl in.

I can't possibly see why you would need dual 55t motors on a wraith.
Just a 55t and 14/87 gears would be to slow and way more torque than a wraith can handle if put in a bind.
The other day I tossed my stock gearing back in and a 4s lipo and that was interesting :eek:

Didn't think of that, but yeah, I have twisted my fair share of drive shafts with stock motor, 14-87 gears and 2S lipo.

I got steel driveshafts on the way. im gettin the procomp crawler foams but keeping the stock tires and getting XR10 beadlocks.im goin to hack up the cage and mold it. i got vanquish axles coming. my wraith shall be unstoppable. also im goin to build a trailer and make a trailer hitch for the wraith.

Back