hydro assist

Bearlyphased

looking for a good diagram on where to drill and tap my 95 chevy stearing box for hydro assist. just some good pictures would help, trying to make sure i don't screw up the first time. thanks

tap the front cap and the top cap. you will need to weld on a piece of aluminum to the front cap or tap it near the side cause its not very thick

personally....i would take the box apart. It would be rather difficult not to get metal shavings in the PS box. i am sure there is someone out there that has done it with tearing into the box... just my .02$

Seth

Bearlyphased said:
yeah, I checked out that link and noticed that the holes drilled in the pictures were not taped yet. This leads me to a stupid question, do you have to take the box appart before you drill and tap it? I'm trying to be lazy here, let me know before i screw up.

I havn't done my box yet, but I will be taking it apart. Good Luck!

Dave

If you don't want to take the box apart use a generous amount of grease on the tap to collect the shavings. You'll have to cut the threads a little at a time, cleaning the tap often. After the threads are cut flush the steering box with clean oil before install.

Metto said:
tap the front cap and the top cap. you will need to weld on a piece of aluminum to the front cap or tap it near the side cause its not very thick

Where'd ya learn that one PaL?????????????:smokin:

Back