How much Indain blood is enuf??

All my life my mom said I was Irish and Cherokee... I never understood why I was Cherokee because I am so white. I did a DNA test and it determined I was 75% English, and 20% Viking. 5% north and western European. About as white as one can get. I asked my mom why she thought we were what she thought. Her answer was she just figured that's what it was. SMH I did.

Anyway, it's tea time. Good day

Edit: it was nice chatting with yall partial Native Americans.

Last edited:
What are you trying to do? Apply for scholarships or something like that, or are you just wanting to say, hey, I am an Indian. My aunt, one day decided she was an Indian. Joined a tribe, goes to powows, the whole deal. She was late 60's early 70's at the time so it is not like she was after anything. I think it was just something to do. As far as legality... There are dudes with dicks playing woman's sports. I am sure if there is a trail, you can be Indian

Had a great grandma that was pure Cherokee, I don’t really tell anybody though. Like my dad my skin has always been a little darker than a pure honky, I don’t trust the government guess that’s about the extent of it.

What are you trying to do? Apply for scholarships or something like that, or are you just wanting to say, hey, I am an Indian. My aunt, one day decided she was an Indian. Joined a tribe, goes to powows, the whole deal. She was late 60's early 70's at the time so it is not like she was after anything. I think it was just something to do. As far as legality... There are dudes with dicks playing woman's sports. I am sure if there is a trail, you can be Indian
Not trying to do anything.My MIL just mentions its somewhat regular.Considering he's a JR in college its a little late to be tryin to get any money for it.Me personally,I'd Imagine I'm about as much Indian as Elizabeth Warren.

Don't page me. Page @Stuntman Autoworks . He's our group's resident tomahawk chucker. His tribal name is Little Teepee.

Last edited:
Going through this now my great grandmother was full blood when i talked to the indian counsel the only way to be accepted is to show your ancestry linking you to some one on the dawes or baker rolls in the national archives it has taken me about 10 years of research and now the waiting game. My ancestor is on the dawes roll it is my great great grandfather Harris Cherokee who married and Island slave this is all recorded which i though was interesting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
All my life my mom said I was Irish and Cherokee... I never understood why I was Cherokee because I am so white. I did a DNA test and it determined I was 75% English, and 20% Viking. 5% north and western European. About as white as one can get. I asked my mom why she thought we were what she thought. Her answer was she just figured that's what it was. SMH I did.

There are sooo many stories like that. Someone in my wife's family swears up and down that there's Cherokee in that part of the family, backed up by lots of talk about high cheek bones and dark hair. His sister had a DNA test, and that side of the family is 0.000% Native American. Like many white families who have been in NC for hundreds of years, it's mostly a mixture of Irish/Scottish/English from early settlers. He is not a very scientific person, and refuses to believe it, still claiming he has Cherokee heritage.

There are sooo many stories like that. Someone in my wife's family swears up and down that there's Cherokee in that part of the family, backed up by lots of talk about high cheek bones and dark hair. His sister had a DNA test, and that side of the family is 0.000% Native American. Like many white families who have been in NC for hundreds of years, it's mostly a mixture of Irish/Scottish/English from early settlers. He is not a very scientific person, and refuses to believe it, still claiming he has Cherokee heritage.
DNA don't lie bruh... that's what id tell him. Then hand him a big hawk feather to confuse him even more. But that's just me.

DNA don't lie bruh... that's what id tell him. Then hand him a big hawk feather to confuse him even more. But that's just me.

I've never met the guy, as he's too religious to associate with most of my wife's immediate family. I don't feel I'm missing out. This is all especially funny to me, as my mom runs a molecular biology lab and does genetic research with plants. She had some fun comments about his relative intelligence when we told her this story.

Also, Florida. :D

Last edited:
Back