How messed up is your Job?

I was shoveling dirt along I85 in Greensboro this morning at 7:00. TV said 27 degrees. My job rocks.
Planting 6 inch water main in the mud while watching my Guatamalans shake like a dog passing a peach seed.Rather have it 27 than 97.:bounce2: :bounce: two bouncy balls for those of us that hump a shovel all day.

Instead of being 'fully vested' in five years, (ie after 5yrs I would basically have health insurance for life whether or not I worked for the state anymore,) the new policy is TWENTY-FIVE years. Fawk.

Be happy.. nobody gets lifetime health coverage anymore.

All work at my office is performed by contractors and we oversee their work. Multimillion dollar contracts and it's nothing to give them another $20K or so to fix something they screw up...as long as the employees don't get it. I got a whopping 2% for the first time in four years and still at the bottom of my pay scale. SWEET.:shaking:

All work at my office is performed by contractors and we oversee their work. Multimillion dollar contracts and it's nothing to give them another $20K or so to fix something they screw up...as long as the employees don't get it. I got a whopping 2% for the first time in four years and still at the bottom of my pay scale. SWEET.:shaking:

What type of contractors?

Always looking for more work...

I work at ECU. Non-teaching EPA staff position. I don't think it was all state jobs, might have been university system specific. They changed the policy on 10/01/06. It sucks because I had it all planned out: It would take me just under 5 years to get an MBA (one course for free each semester) and by the time I was done I'd be able to set out on my own or at least consider other jobs that might not offer great health insurance.

oh well. I'm damn sure not doing this same job for 25 years. there's no 'upward mobility'. but with a master's at least I could teach a class or two for extra jingle.

my job is nice. great work environment, decent benefits, mucho perks, pay is pretty low for my degree, but steady.

pays getting into a family owned business in most ways, none being the paycheck, but coming and going when you want and working on your rig in the shop sure is nice.

Work is overrated.
My income is based soley on hookers and blow.
Damn my expenses are based solely on hookers and blow...

I think I need to order a hit on your ass and live for free:huggy:

Sure would suck if you thought you bought "Hookers & Ho's" and The Jetsons played instead.

People pay for that?
The internet is free!
(Well, minus 49.99 to TWC to have it at home)

My company decided to do something real smart this year. We're having two weeks of mandatory shutdown for maintenance and such. Week of July 4th and Christmas week. They decided to force us to use 6 days of our vacation for those two weeks (3 days in each week). Sucks when you only have 10 days to start with...

Hey, I don't get any paid vacation, sick days or any free benifits. Boss is a tightwad, makes me clean the garage, makes me pay all the bills, he leaves tools everywhere, comes in whenever he wants, and on top of all that he sleeping with my wife.:flipoff2:

Hey, I don't get any paid vacation, sick days or any free benifits. Boss is a tightwad, makes me clean the garage, makes me pay all the bills, he leaves tools everywhere, comes in whenever he wants, and on top of all that he sleeping with my wife.:flipoff2:

I bet he is really understanding about you going wheeling though. :lol:

<><Fish

My company decided to do something real smart this year. We're having two weeks of mandatory shutdown for maintenance and such. Week of July 4th and Christmas week. They decided to force us to use 6 days of our vacation for those two weeks (3 days in each week). Sucks when you only have 10 days to start with...
Yea your telling me I'm really pissed off about that deal.:mad:

One thing that is nice about my job is the payed holidays and 1/2 day of sick leave and vacation every 2 weeks I work. And I would rather it be 97 than 27 any day!

One thing that is nice about my job is the payed holidays and 1/2 day of sick leave and vacation every 2 weeks I work. And I would rather it be 97 than 27 any day!
I can put on enough clothes to stay warm but the law and the man frown upon bare bodies when it's hot.

Can't complain one bit.

I'm rolling on 21 years in now, 16 of which were with the Grunts. The best thing about my job,......the people. The worse thing about my job,....the people. If promotions don't open up this year for my job field, I'm on the downward slope and will be retired by May 2008, if they open up, retirement will probably be May 2010, but it looks like it's leaning on the 2008 as they only promoted two last year.

Back