How messed up is your Job?

andysleds

My company restricted the purchase of standard office items like pens, paper, push pins and so. We have to fill out a form to get any office supplies from our receptionist if they are even available. It is terrible cause I work for a multi BILLION dollar co.

So what is bad at your work?

Similar deal here... They are striving to reduce operating overhead, so all kinds of purchases go under a microscope.

I have to buy my own Scotch tape because the "Coprorate express" brand sucks ass and doesn't stick to anything..

But at least they don't block most websites.. :)

Andy, what do you need. Come to the art dept. We'll hook you up!:beer:

My company decided to buy horses instead of giving us raises. This is in the wake of finding out that we will be gaining an extra work day each week, totalling about a 52 hour work week. Oh yeah, almost forgot...I have to fight drunks and possibly get shot at.

well.. ya don't hear THAT every day!

My company decided to buy horses instead of giving us raises. This is in the wake of finding out that we will be gaining an extra work day each week, totalling about a 52 hour work week. Oh yeah, almost forgot...I have to fight drunks and possibly get shot at.

I had several of your co-workers as instructors when I went through BLET, at least you've got some big guys right behind you if needed.

I had several of your co-workers as instructors when I went through BLET, at least you've got some big guys right behind you if needed.

Not in the zone I work....I'm it, my closest assist comes from SHP, County, or in some cases Kernersville...none of which I talk directly to.

The usual.......

Management that doesn't have a clue as to what really goes on (only because of lack of participation)..
Management that has little or no expirience in the field in they are in. Therefore poor decisions are made.....
Blow $200,000 on some BS, when the money could have been used on making operations more productive...
Expect more and more from employees, while getting paid less....
Some people get away with anything....while others catch hell for much less infractions....
ect, ect,.

Yepp

My company restricted the purchase of standard office items like pens, paper, push pins and so.

Here..the word Bonus is spelled...Bone Us!! never had one, never will.....raises about the same...If you are GOD HIMSELF, it goes to Corporate HEAVEN & back...for 3% ???
And the Kicker, they too cheap to send you even an "E-Mail" at X-mas... nuthin'...not have a Shitty day...nuthin'.....

Did I say nuthin'....
Oh Yeah ...Another "World Class..so they say" Fortune XXX Company...

But the alternative for me is working at the local Citgo..

BigJUGGY :beer: BTW..This Site ROXX!! & Keeps me ALIVE...ThnX !!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY....me speaking...not Big Bro!!

Funny how crap like that works. Our VP asked the office manager to make sure the coffee service was not "overcharging" us. Office supplies are never questioned, just ask and they'll be here in two days regardless, pens,paper, markers, notebooks, whatever. But just drink one cup o joe too many and watch out. Probably will cause an audit.....oh, did I mention the VP doesn't drink coffee?

$12 flat rate after almost 3 years of work, only 1 raise so far. i do everything that the $20+ people do :( NO raises what-so-ever and no steady work so no forsure that ull have enough money to pay all your bills. WHAT A GREAT JOB

"Everybody rises to their own level of incompetence"
ie you will keep getting promoted until you are incompetent for the position you are in, hence why all your bosses are incompetent, don't worry you will all be there one day, and your underlings will be complaining also.

Welcome to America land of the free no one forces you to work they pay you too, you no like get a better job.

I once worked in the corporate world and i refered to it as "the assembly line of broken parts". People would just lay paperwork on my desk that was wrong, incomplete, ect. ect. and i would spend my days fixing it. But on a brighter note i could have all the pens i wanted, and the freedom to search the internet.

i love lowe's home improvement...

-Erik <--- turned in 2 weeks notice last week. never been happier!

My boss asked me if I had any friends that weld, needed a job?I said "yes but I want to keep them as friends" so Hell No!!!
:flipoff2:

And she (the office manager) asked me would I consider quitting this job. My reply "Why would I even think about that? It's warm in the winter and cool in the summer, I have unlimited phone and internet service, the pay is not great but better than someplaces, the works not physically demanding, and you don't expect too much of me anyway." She shook her head and said "You know we have a hiring freeze right now, and I can't hire someone to replace you if I fired you." I smiled. When you have lived more years than you have years left to live there is a level of freedom gained in expressing your true thoughts.

New kicker today - The group upstairs has a new Pioneer PDP-607CMX 60" Plasma hanging on the wall to "monitor system status".. $6,000.

Honestly though, it's only those little things that bug me.. "Let's reduce operating expenses" followed by "We just rented 4 floors of the most expensive building in the Durham/Chapel Hill area"..

It'll tide me over until the wife and I go self-employed though...

One of my previous Jobs in Winston. Come December they call a Christmas party in the break room. A bunch of Ata-boys thrown around. then, We can't afford to give raises or bonuses this year, we'll make it up next year.

Next Day, the guy that owns the company pulls up in his brand new Lexus vert. Note, this guy is 65-70 y/o and can't drive a straight line. Few days later some investors stop by to look at the numbers for the year. I over heard the boss man saying prior t their arival. I need to pullmy Car around back out of sight....

ya'll add that one up!!!

oh, and the company was sold off in a couple months

I was shoveling dirt along I85 in Greensboro this morning at 7:00. TV said 27 degrees. My job rocks.

worst/best part of my job is that it's a newly created position. I basically have to make up my job description as I go. I must appear to be inexpensible to my higher-ups, although the actual 'work' I do in a given week adds up to about 15 hours LOL.

One thing that REALLY pissed me off is that as I was going through the hiring process, there were all of these delays. None of which were my own fault, mind you. The HR lady went on 'vacation' for two weeks in September (a very busy time)...

and it just so happens that after all of these delays, my employment contract was dated on the EXACT day that they changed a benefits policy. Instead of being 'fully vested' in five years, (ie after 5yrs I would basically have health insurance for life whether or not I worked for the state anymore,) the new policy is TWENTY-FIVE years. Fawk.

worst/best part of my job is that it's a newly created position. I basically have to make up my job description as I go. I must appear to be inexpensible to my higher-ups, although the actual 'work' I do in a given week adds up to about 15 hours LOL.
One thing that REALLY pissed me off is that as I was going through the hiring process, there were all of these delays. None of which were my own fault, mind you. The HR lady went on 'vacation' for two weeks in September (a very busy time)...
and it just so happens that after all of these delays, my employment contract was dated on the EXACT day that they changed a benefits policy. Instead of being 'fully vested' in five years, (ie after 5yrs I would basically have health insurance for life whether or not I worked for the state anymore,) the new policy is TWENTY-FIVE years. Fawk.

You work for the state in Greenville? what do you do? I started working for the state in July, so am I covered under the new or old policy?

Back