Homemade Mac&Cheese Recipes

I keep mine very simple.

-1lb of elbows cooked
-2lb extra sharp white cheese. I prefer the 2lb block of BJ's house brand cheese. Shred it at home. Cheese from a bag doesn't work because of the fillers they use.
-Spray glass pan with Pam. I think it is like 14 x 9
-Spread enough cooked Elbows in glass pan to cover bottom of the pan. Cover with layer of cheese.
-Spread the rest of the elbows on top of the first layer of cheese then cover with the remainder of the cheese.
-Add just about a 1/4 of milk to the pan and then put in the oven at 350* for an hour.

I like to add chopped bacon to the mix sometimes and my wife and son love to put cooked diced tomatoes over the top.

And pictures because now I'm hungry. LOL

Before it goes in the oven
M&C.jpg

After cooking. Gotta have a little bit of a crusty top.
M&C1.jpg

I made barbecue mac...

1# penne
1# pulled pork form a Boston butt I cooked in the crock pot and finished on the grill
1/2 c homemade bbq sauce
4T butter
1c Milk
1c cottage cheese
Probably 12 oz of shredded cheese

We had it for lunch with chopped tomatoes tossed with olive oil, kosher salt, and chopped basil from the garden.
IMAG1480.jpg

I made barbecue mac...

1# penne
1# pulled pork form a Boston butt I cooked in the crock pot and finished on the grill
1/2 c homemade bbq sauce
4T butter
1c Milk
1c cottage cheese
Probably 12 oz of shredded cheese

We had it for lunch with chopped tomatoes tossed with olive oil, kosher salt, and chopped basil from the garden.
View attachment 218902
Legit recipe right here!! Will be adding this to my arsenal, thanks Cyd!!

Sent from my Z750C using Tapatalk

Legit recipe right here!! Will be adding this to my arsenal, thanks Cyd!!

Sent from my Z750C using Tapatalk

It was tasty! We had leftovers for dinner with fresh steamed green beans. I took a little more than half the pan, split it into thirds, and wrapped it up for the freezer. For those playing along, that's five meals for our family of five (probably equal to three adult portions).

Made this according to the instructions on the back of a box of elbow noodles. I used Colby Jack instead of using 1/2c of Swiss. Turned out great!

Edit: 1 cup of Swiss. D'oh

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 298
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 255
Last edited:
Can't tell you, otherwise I'd have to kill you. :D

I actually don't measure out anything, unfortunately...it all goes by feel. But it involves a box of elbows, some Velveeta (for the creaminess), mild cheddar, pepper jack, salt, pepper, minced garlic, a pinch of onion powder, a few shakes of parmesan, and some milk. And a dash of chili powder and cayenne when the wife's not looking...sshhhh....

Back