$hit stirrin post of the day/week

First time I ever saw it & he pissed me off! Btw Kelly, I didn't know I was a Boomer! :laughing: At 72 I just thought I was an old fart! But when I grew up, first I had chores to do. Then at age 14, I took an afternoon paper rout. At that point, mom started taking a cut of my pay. She saved it for things like Christmas. Before I was 16, I was working after school & Saturdays at a Esso station. I progressed on from that to general employment once I finished school. As long as I lived at home, mom got her cut of my pay, & every raise I got. I bought my first car & paid the insurance. I bought my first house when interest rates were 8%, & paid then 30 yr mortgage off in 13 years! I had a good home, Christian parents, as all other relatives were. I was provided what was needed, & no one gave me anything. They had a good life but had little left to pass on. I've thought for many years later generations were given too much & spoiled. I hear too much about I want my child to have better and or easier than I had.
Well, where has that gotten us?
My grandfather on moms side had a 60 acre farm and five kids.The uncle mentioned above was one of them.He died in 95 and the farm was gone by late summer 96.House.land,equip,ect brought roughly 250K.At the time for our area that was quite a bit.My parents got 5 acres that joined them w the understand that it would be deducted from any inheritance once my grandmother died. She was 16 years younger than my grandfather (married at 15 and 31,yeah he was a cock hound) she remarried a few years later and moved in w him in his home.He had his money and she hers and they split almost everything.She out lived husband #2 and stayed in his house w the understandibg that his family got the house when she died.In 2021 she died and they settled the estate.my uncle (different uncle) was a VP at one of the local banks and invested/stretched her money out so she could live mostly worry free for the rest of her life.I dont know the break down of the $$ but I know my parents got the 5 acres clear but that was all,dont know about the other kids.The grandkids got $25 ea. In those 25 years or so it took the bulk of that money just for her to live.

I don't know where to start w this....Having experienced the "victim mindset" in a few relationships it is amazing that people fail to take responsibility for their decisions, over and over again. Those people dont want your sympathy, they simply want what you have; be it wealth, great family or anything else they can guilt you out of.
Years ago I didnt fully understand why folks wanted to be alone and live in seclusion.For various reasons It's not something I can do BUT it looks more appealing everyday

I know this will ruffle some feathers. But it’s things like this that need to be censored. This is a prominent train of thought and is just growing worse. When, in fact, most of it is misinformation or lies. These propaganda machines are getting out of hand and while people can try to stay informed, the misinformation is so prolific it’s impossible.

Now who gets to censor that information and who determines what is right….. got me there.

I know this will ruffle some feathers. But it’s things like this that need to be censored. This is a prominent train of thought and is just growing worse. When, in fact, most of it is misinformation or lies. These propaganda machines are getting out of hand and while people can try to stay informed, the misinformation is so prolific it’s impossible.

Now who gets to censor that information and who determines what is right….. got me there.
Modern unlimited information is the Pandora's box of our time. Our planets inhabitants will never be the same, and will remain the same as they have always been. Jump on.....

These propaganda machines are getting out of hand and while people can try to stay informed, the misinformation is so prolific it’s impossible.
AI is only gonna make it worse.

Back