Help, my google broke

VortecJeep

Powered by Uranium-235
This afternoon, my google broke. I mean, on my iPad, I can’t get to google.com, but I can get to any other webpage. I have the latest OS, and I’ve tried Safari and Chrome. I get the error messages below.

I can get to google.com on my iPhone and on my wife’s iPad. I read somewhere about rebooting the router, so I killed power to it, turned it back on, and I was able to get to google for a brief time.

I also tried to search for something using yahoo and got error messages.

Anybody know what the hell is going on?

If it matters, our router and internet provider is Spectrum, our WiFi router is google wifi.

92E73BC1-1439-4E33-BE20-11A96542C642.png
3D551CF7-2C34-4736-AE78-4990028B07A0.png

Sometimes, a Site is down, & usually for a short time. Sometimes you just get an Error. Heck if I know. For about 20 minutes this morning, my Maps/GPS, on my android, was down.

The only VPN that I use that I am aware of is when I log into my company laptop anywhere outside of the company.

No, VPNfilter is a malware infection on your router that interferes with SSL connections and makes it difficult to connect to places where SSL connections are forced (like Google and Yahoo).

I read somewhere about rebooting the router, so I killed power to it, turned it back on, and I was able to get to google for a brief time.
  • Rebooting your router disrupts the VPNFilter malware, but does not remove it.
  • To wipe it completely, do a full factory reset.
  • Look for a 'reset' button on the back of your router and hold it down for about ten seconds. This will also wipe all custom settings.
  • Change your router's admin password to anything but the default.
VPNFilter Malware Factory Reset Router Fix

Also, you only have one router. Figure out which devices are doing which jobs. The router will either be integral with the modem, or the first device attached to it.

I have Spectrum as my ISP. The modem is an Arris TM1602. My wireless router is Google WiFi, 3 of them.
I pressed the rest button on the modem. I killed power to the Google WiFi. I don’t see a reset button on google wifi. No change.

But just now, I realized I only killed power to 1 google wifi point. So I went and killed power to all 3, and for now, I can get to google.com with both safari and chrome. We’ll see if it continues to work.

I have Spectrum as my ISP. The modem is an Arris TM1602. My wireless router is Google WiFi, 3 of them.
I pressed the rest button on the modem. I killed power to the Google WiFi. I don’t see a reset button on google wifi. No change.

But just now, I realized I only killed power to 1 google wifi point. So I went and killed power to all 3, and for now, I can get to google.com with both safari and chrome. We’ll see if it continues to work.

Which google wifi is plugged into the modem?

Back