Heim joint steering info

nothing wrong with that, just my preference

That's exactly right. A man's got to have priorities.

Grind the dross off? Fuck it.
Proper weld prep? Fuck it.
Careful research before spending money on hard parts? Fuck it.
Using the parts that I bought as they were designed to be used? Fuck it.
Cut the extra length off these shackles? Fuck it.
Thoughtful tech posts? Fuck it.
Steering wheel? You're damned right it's centered.

That's exactly right. A man's got to have priorities.

Grind the dross off? Fuck it.
Proper weld prep? Fuck it.
Careful research before spending money on hard parts? Fuck it.
Using the parts that I bought as they were designed to be used? Fuck it.
Cut the extra length off these shackles? Fuck it.
Thoughtful tech posts? Fuck it.
Steering wheel? You're damned right it's centered.
holly shit this is great if I could like it twice I would have. lol

Shawn....you just made the list

Yeah yeah yeah...hahaha..y'all keep making fun. Its built, its plenty welded, its braced, it clears and its not like I'm the 1st one to design a Z bar as stated so y'all keep yapping and pick in fun but what's the use, its on there..ain't coming off till I get a 60 or full hydro whichever comes first so no need to keep adding pages ...but have at it!
I do thank all the advise, I really do. I wished circumstances/decisions were made better/different but I made work what was there as usual...lesson learned...take more time when buying a 60 down the rd and fully know best option/setup to go for my needs/preference before buying anything.
Like someone said, front axle was basically free so I had no intentions of spending money on junk axle..tie rod will work with a 60, other heim joint from draglink will too, trash the draglink when I upgrade, and beat the living crap outta this 44 before the swap!
I wish Drkelly would've told me back in pg3 to run it ...would've saved 6pages of crap and me 4hrs of contemplating lol lol.
Well I guess we can add this to another "john fuller gone to shit thread" ...I'm sure that folder is stackin up.

Yeah yeah yeah...hahaha..y'all keep making fun. Its built, its plenty welded, its braced, it clears and its not like I'm the 1st one to design a Z bar as stated so y'all keep yapping and pick in fun but what's the use, its on there..ain't coming off till I get a 60 or full hydro whichever comes first so no need to keep adding pages ...but have at it!
I do thank all the advise, I really do. I wished circumstances/decisions were made better/different but I made work what was there as usual...lesson learned...take more time when buying a 60 down the rd and fully know best option/setup to go for my needs/preference before buying anything.
Like someone said, front axle was basically free so I had no intentions of spending money on junk axle..tie rod will work with a 60, other heim joint from draglink will too, trash the draglink when I upgrade, and beat the living crap outta this 44 before the swap!
I wish Drkelly would've told me back in pg3 to run it ...would've saved 6pages of crap and me 4hrs of contemplating lol lol.
Well I guess we can add this to another "john fuller gone to shit thread" ...I'm sure that folder is stackin up.

:nopics:

I've been trying to catch up to the end of this thread since earlier this afternoon. Yall keep feeding him it seems.

I hear ya bud..100 high steer arm plus what...80min to drill this knuckle..and this axle is maybe worth 100-150 so I don't see reasoning personally...
Its ok its done..I did original Z bar as Drkelly said and be done with it..
I do the knuckle milling and drilling for $60, and probably can figure out a way to get it done with no shipping cost since you're in Clover.

You seem like a good guy, but you're stubborn as shit and seem willfully ignorant sometimes.
While this overwhelmingly applies to the OP, I'd say it generally applies to most everyone on here also.

And as a mechanical engineer, I refuse to post anything technical in this thread because I don't know enough about the science of metals...

Well up 'til now my plan went all right, until we tried to put it all together one night, and thats when we realized something was definitely wrong"
-Cash
I can't express enough of how true this was with this steering issue/plans...like you just don't know LOL
do the knuckle milling and drilling for $60, and probably can figure out a way to get it done with no shipping cost since you're in Clover.
Thank u very much for the offer but little late on that lol, for me that is, I'm done with steering ..moving onto exhaust so I can crank it up and test everything, thank u and great price ...will take a rain check for future though hehe

Since u want another pic..here's my beautiful work of art again..LMBO
0507171840.jpg

Ok how bout this wheel turned all the way driver and make brackets off tie rod to that joint then straight up to pitman arm...not a bad angle and seems pretty good clearance and angle...gotta be much better than my Z bar setup
View attachment 246796

I used to know a guy about 12 yrs ago who owned a YJ with a spring over and had a steering setup pretty much like what you are trying to depict right there. I drove his Jeep and it actually drove great with zero bump steer. He had it like that for probably 1-2 yrs before moving out of state so I don't know what happened to it long term. It was his DD, and he wheeled it regularly.

I used to know a guy about 12 yrs ago who owned a YJ with a spring over and had a steering setup pretty much like what you are trying to depict right there. I drove his Jeep and it actually drove great with zero bump steer. He had it like that for probably 1-2 yrs before moving out of state so I don't know what happened to it long term. It was his DD, and he wheeled it regularly.
Now u tell me lol..I might try that way later on to have comparison!

Dude you try hard but I think the Cherokee just isn't the platform for you. If you would have just kept a coil suspension you wouldn't be wasting time of this gaggle-fuck steering.

Find a K5 and be done. You can literally bolt in axles and it has a real frame you can weld on. All of your Jeep's have looked like ass so I don't see why body damage on a K5 would bother you.

No one here wants to be stuck behind you on a trail when that draglink pops like a tooth pick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That has been my thought this entire thread.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Mine too but 16yrs later wanted to try something different...got bored with same xj setup so why not..ohh well done now

No one here wants to be stuck behind you on a trail when that draglink pops like a tooth pick
As ghetto as it is, there's no way its breaking..knuckle will break before drag link does..then its well, just another broke knuckle that can't be prevented really. I overbeefed it pretty well as recommended so don't see it "popping" like a toothpick lol

As ghetto as it is, there's no way its breaking..knuckle will break before drag link does..then its well, just another broke knuckle that can't be prevented really. I overbeefed it pretty well as recommended so don't see it "popping" like a toothpick lol

I am glad you beefed it up but metal will break around welds. For fun please weld some scrap and bang on it with a Mallet so you can see that...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just wish I could be there watching the first time you drive it. From a safe distance of course. Possibly from a helocopter.

No one here wants to be stuck behind you on a trail when that draglink pops like a tooth pick.
I'm less concerned about that. I have friends and coworkers who live and drive around Clover, and don't want them to be stuck in front of him on the terminal approach.

Since u want another pic..here's my beautiful work of art again..LMBO
View attachment 246833

That's some cobbled up shit. However, "IF" The welds are worth a shit those gusset plates will keep it from breaking/bending. I would be more concerned with that little ass ball joint at the steering box. Looks maxed out now, wait till there is axle drop.

Yea, as said. should have stayed with the coils..

Back