Heater core/Cracked Radiator

spykosshow

2001.5 Dodge Ram 2500 with the 5.9 Cummins

I've got a leak from the radiator, and I've found the crack. It's in the reservoir. Any suggestions on where to get it? I'm thinking Radiatorbarn.com. They're 207 bucks plus tax, carquest is at 250.

Next question - I think my heater core is leaking. I turn on my heat and it smells like coolant. Also, When using defrost it makes my windows look like steamy sex no matter what the temperature or blower is set at.

I guess it makes sense to change both at the same time? How big of a pain is to remove the heater core? I've googled it, and it says both you can just lift the dash and change it and then that you have to take the whole dash off.

I'm worried that since my dash is cracked and chunks are missing, that I'm going to have to replace the whole dash at the same time.

Suggestions?

Bought what seems to be the last heater core in Raleigh from Carquest. I got the one with the swivel tubes as recommended online.

I'm going to try and get this done tomorrow, so I need to buy the radiator local as well. What do y'all think about NAPA's Spectra brand of radiators? They have a lifetime warranty so I'm gonna go for it.

Back