Headed to URE Saturday on the dirtbike

CasterTroy

Faster'N You
It's been YEARS since I was there....and I was there in the Bronco.

Never been on a bike

Any advice?

Any particular trails to AVOID? And ones that are really good on a dirtbike?

Yeh, don't go! LOL! I don't care too much for riding dirtbikes at URE due to all the loose rocks. I'd much rather go to Brown Mountain. I'd say you might want to avoid Daniel if you haven't been riding dirtbikes much lately. The hills and ledges on the one end could be trouble for you. Everything else will pretty much be the same and have bypasses around the rocky spots.

I've had a couple of hard diggers down there back in the day. I had a head on collision with a fourwheeler on the Sawmill trail that sent me over the bars and out into the trees. Also had a rock turn under my tire, that threw me down causing my rear subframe to get bent over a few inches, then put me down hard onto a rock that did a number on my knee.

Oh yeh, run higher than normal pressure in your tires, like 15-20 psi to keep from getting a flat. Take a pump and patch kit with you so your day isn't over in case you do get a flat. BTDT a few times from forgetting to air up for the place.

Yeah not my idea....I'm going with others.

I'd prefer to do Brushy Mountain personally....but I figured I'd try it since it's the closest thing TO me

Thanks for the headsup! Exactly what I needed

Made the mistake of NOT turning off from the main parking lot trail.

Didn't have my map with me to know the trail NUMBERS and got 1/4 of the way down the big hill on Daniel before I realized it. No way to turn back at that point so I rode all the way down it.

Didn't drop it either :lol:

Got to the bottem and decided I'd rather have a ticket than try to go back up it.

Ran doen the road to the main road before I saw a Ranger....who promptly gave me the option of turning around and going BACK up Daniel or taking my bike.
I went back up Daniel.

But my gearing is for track so I couldn't get it to stay running and lug it. Had to have help pushing it up the big hill but overall I made it without falling :huggy:

After that ONE run I was spent and almost went home. My buddy on his racing 4-wheeler DID (he was spent) but I stayed and met up with 2 other bike riders that were VERY experienced and they took me on 2 more hours of the GOOD trails......and friggin FAST too. Holy hell! These guys were going 40 MPH on the trails......and unless I wanted to get lost....SO WAS I.

It was a blast once I got away from friggin Daniel

BTW..Daniel is SO much harder than it was in 2004

You need to go ride at triple A in Yadkinville....much better riding for a dirtbike than UNF. $10 and there's enough to ride to wear you out. I rode out there this past weekend, had a blast. There's technical trails,a track and high speed stuff too.

Got a link?

Met some guys that are going to "Outback ATV" in a few weeks....looking to give THAt a shot too.

I'm open to anywhere really. LOVE to try Brushy Mountain too

Got a link?
Met some guys that are going to "Outback ATV" in a few weeks....looking to give THAt a shot too.
I'm open to anywhere really. LOVE to try Brushy Mountain too
no link...it's low tech. If you want to go one weekend shot me a pm and we can show you the way out there. It's usually myself and a couple of guys from Winston that go out there. I like it cause it's fairly close (less than an hour for me to get there from Thomasville, probably less for you from Kville) and there is a variety of riding.

You got it!

I'm actually in Walburg now....so I can stand on the side of the road and jump in as you come up 109 :lol:

I'm not really sure.....while we were out there my buddy on the 4-wheeler said that it was nice and lacked any rocks. Once I find out I'll pass it along

If you enjoyed URE on the bike then you'll love Brushy Mountain. Trails of varying difficulty and skill and directional so you won't run into anybody. Nice folks that run the place. What do you ride? I live near Walburg on H.P-Walburg rd. My son and I ride together but he prefers tracks to trails but have been slowly converting him to trails. He is finally realizing the skills developed in the woods make him a better rider on the track.

Back