Harrington's Engine Rebuilding?

flynhawaiian

Has anybody used Harrington's in Kannapolis for a rebuild that would like to comment on their work. I have a 22r to be rebuilt bottom and top and I'm looking for a quality reassemble with decent machine work.

would not go there. a buddy of mine is dealing with them now. does not stick to promises. rebuilt motor, then had a knock and we had to pull it again and he has had it over 2 weeks. stay away. our .02 cents

I was wondering the same thing about them. My 22r needs a rebuilt bottom end and I saw they had good prices. $650 for a longblock I believe. Guess there is a price to pay for cheap :)

Harrington's is a very good engine shop they have done lots of motors for me and I have had no problems and I've also had a 22r built and it runs like a champ. They are the cheapest around, but they do a good job. I also have friends that have had motors done and they haven't had any problems

We just picked up out truck from them yesterday, and can't comment on how well it's running for obvious reasons, but I can say they need to be more organized , took them almost a month to rebuild out engine and each week we kept getting told that Friday, which would have been fine we would have preferred them to be honest and tell us that it would be a few weeks, we didn't care how long it took. We just wanted good quality work. Our quote was 1800 and the final bill $3120. We wish he had consulted us before actually completing the extra work, which in their defense was necessary but,what if we hadn't have had the extra money . Twice we called and they said they didn't have our truck , and finally found it at another shop that they out source work to. Mechanically the truck seems great and looks awesome, the employees are very nice and friendly but their lack of organization is unprofessional in my opinion, but of course I don't deal with mechanical issues everyday and this may be just be common practice in that field . Time will tell however if their work is quality. We have heard some great things about their engines so in the end that's all that matters to us. So be prepared for an unorganized hassle and most likely a bit of a wait

We just picked up out truck from them yesterday, and can't comment on how well it's running for obvious reasons, but I can say they need to be more organized , took them almost a month to rebuild out engine and each week we kept getting told that Friday, which would have been fine we would have preferred them to be honest and tell us that it would be a few weeks, we didn't care how long it took. We just wanted good quality work. Our quote was 1800 and the final bill $3120. We wish he had consulted us before actually completing the extra work, which in their defense was necessary but,what if we hadn't have had the extra money . Twice we called and they said they didn't have our truck , and finally found it at another shop that they out source work to. Mechanically the truck seems great and looks awesome, the employees are very nice and friendly but their lack of organization is unprofessional in my opinion, but of course I don't deal with mechanical issues everyday and this may be just be common practice in that field . Time will tell however if their work is quality. We have heard some great things about their engines so in the end that's all that matters to us. So be prepared for an unorganized hassle and most likely a bit of a wait

Did they quote you 1800 on paper? Thats a pretty steep increase without notification.

Well I would rather go there any day than poteats or anything like that to me they do quality work it might take them a minute but they get a lot of business because they are good. I would recommend anyone to go there. I haven't had one problem yet and don't ever think I will. So the guy that said you have been warned obviously doesn't know what hes talking about. Like I said before I have had multiple engines built there and not one has given me a problem

They are a machine shop of course it's not going to be organized they mess with motors and oil all day. Every time I've been there to pick a motor up they have always had my stuff ready.

Treasure has 3 posts.
All in this thread defending Harrington's....Hrmm

Its funny harringtons is a shop bc he out sources all work .. go to.potaets first if you want potaets , save you from asking where your engine or vehicle is when potaet comes and picks it up.

I don't know Harringtons, but last year when I asked opinions on the "original" {Poteats}, the +s far out weighed the -s. A few months back, my friend has his 350 rebuilt there, at the quoted price, took it home & had too many guys around during installation. Too many beers, & no one put the water in, so while doing the first run, it blew a head gasket! He was lucky that was all! He took it back to Poteats to be checked. Even seeing the overheat indicator popped, Poteat, changed the head gasket, at No Charge. Didn't even mention anything about voiding the warranty. Just told him to be sure to put water & oil in it,& laughed. :cool:

Holy cow, this place is absolutely horrible. Their business hours are supposed to be 9-5 Monday-Friday..... I waited multiple days for somebody and nobody ever showed up. When I finally spoke with someone we set up a time to meet up there.... AND THEN HE NEVER SHOWED UP! Had no problem taking my money but after I bought the motor from them I realized they didn't use any sort of assembly lube at all so the motor was bone dry... ughh. OOOOHHH and to top it off. I had a client hire me to put a motor in her elderly fathers pick up truck, not a problem. This little 21 year old 100 lb girl went up there to try and return the core to get $400 back and the OWNER started cursing at her and screaming saying he wasn't going to give her any money at all.... I get a crying phone call and I go up there and i'm able to get him to give me $300 but it was still $100 less than what we had agreed on originally. That poor girl was mortified..... If you ever go up there try and take a look in the room they build the engines in.... COMPLETELY disgusting! So dirty! Literally dirt, dust, bugs, miscellaneous parts just laying around. I'm surprised they have had any good reviews to be honest.

Holy cow, this place is absolutely horrible. Their business hours are supposed to be 9-5 Monday-Friday..... I waited multiple days for somebody and nobody ever showed up. When I finally spoke with someone we set up a time to meet up there.... AND THEN HE NEVER SHOWED UP! Had no problem taking my money but after I bought the motor from them I realized they didn't use any sort of assembly lube at all so the motor was bone dry... ughh. OOOOHHH and to top it off. I had a client hire me to put a motor in her elderly fathers pick up truck, not a problem. This little 21 year old 100 lb girl went up there to try and return the core to get $400 back and the OWNER started cursing at her and screaming saying he wasn't going to give her any money at all.... I get a crying phone call and I go up there and i'm able to get him to give me $300 but it was still $100 less than what we had agreed on originally. That poor girl was mortified..... If you ever go up there try and take a look in the room they build the engines in.... COMPLETELY disgusting! So dirty! Literally dirt, dust, bugs, miscellaneous parts just laying around. I'm surprised they have had any good reviews to be honest.
Just to be Clear, WHO's shop are you speaking of?

Back