Half time show

upnover

Grumpy, decrepit Old Man
Well it's on, and I'm on here if that tells you anything.
Who chooses who does the half time show?? Or is it who ever says yes???

Sorry if I insult anyone. but this Aunt Jamima do rag wearing freak, really really sucks!

Sorry if I insult anyone. but this Aunt Jamima do rag wearing freak, really really sucks!

Dang I'm all hopped up on mt Dew and It still blows the big one. I guess they thought there would be no exoposed women boobies with the P diddy playing. (the colorful one)

That was pretty much.... A non event

Ditto...and BTW prince is GAY, how about slipknot as a half time show:beer:

haha yeah thats all I have... I sit here in my small office for 16 hours. and im only 6 in..... THIS SUCKS:fuck-you: boss man

well the half time show was super gay!!!! but i got really excited when i herd a hendrix song!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! then he mixed in some foo fighters and i was like..........GODkfngpakngparkngkrang;kng..................

well the half time show was super gay!!!! but i got really excited when i herd a hendrix song!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You evidentally must be a youngen.:shaking: That's a Bob Dylan tune dude! But Hendricks remixed it and did a completely different song out of it. Prince did it more Hendricks style.

Wow.. for a group claiming to be sooooo open minded..

Wow.. for a group claiming to be sooooo open minded..

I may be closed minded, but I am not impressed with someone who goes as far as he can to be outside of the norm, almost like his is saying he doesn't want to be liked. Changing your name to a symbol? Wearing a Do-rag for a performance that big? Not to mention, all of his guitar solo's sucked. Best thing I can say is that he does sing on key. As Simon Cowl (sp) would say, it sounded like bad Karaoke.
It's not just his style of music. I have appreciation for every type of music. I listen to some of all of it. Some more than others.
Now the pre-game show was a different story. Well IMO it sucked too, but for a different reason. Me with my simple mind just didn't understand it I guess. And to be honest, I didn't recognize the music.

I was hoping for some of his early stuff... "Lady Cab Driver", etc. FWIW, on Prince's first 2 or 3 albums, he played ALL the instruments. Not defending his "get in, get out" tactics lat night, but he's actually a decent musician...

Does anyone else think it the blowing rain had anything to do it? Doubtful Mic & co. would have even bothered going on last year! :popcorn:

Changing your name to a symbol? Wearing a Do-rag for a performance that big? Not to mention, all of his guitar solo's sucked..

I'm not a huge Prince fan by any stretch (though I did hear some of his acid jazz stuff a few years ago and it was pretty cool), but, open your mind for a moment.

The changing his name thing was a BIG :flipoff: to his old record label. He wanted out, but they owned the rights to his name. So what's the best way to make sure that you'll still be called by your 'old' name? Make the new one unpronouncable. IMO, brilliant.

The Aunt Jemima rag :)lol:)- It was pouring rain, after all. Did ya see what happened after he took it off? Shoulda left it on.

Actually, some of the guitar work reminded me a bit of Jimi's *LIVE* stuff.. Not the watered-down studio stuff. Very "out there".

We (Nicole and I) were waiting for one of the dancers with the 5" stiletto's to slip & bust their ass..

Was he the best choice for something like this? No. But he is a performer, for sure.

Flame away..

Well I like all kinds of music and tend to like listening to real musicians vs performers. I'm not a fan of Prince (or of many ppl) so while I'm sure it wasn't Prince's best performance, I thought it was a lot better than previous years. He can actually play, he actually sings... His guitar work (excluding guitar pumping curtain show) I thought it was pretty damn good... And as Rich said very similar to old Jimi stuff..

But for you kids out there, i guess if there's no wardrobe malfunction its not that exciting.. :flipoff2:

It was better than the anthem, billy sucks. Of course the game wasn't that great either, close but nobody played very well. The best part of the half time show was knowing there was an entire marching band there that you couldn't hear. I think that the half time show should become a marching band comp for colleges.

Back