"Gonna do it right...maybe!!??" Fuller's new XJ build!!!

Ok just curious now for argument sake...why is heavy machinery/fork lifts/tractors and such square cages just like mine and not round with triangulation. They weigh tons more and that's what most have so it can't be that weak at all
They also have 1/4" plating on it to prevent racking, gussets and smooth radius bends at the corners, and most of those are only for falling object protection, or at most laying over on the side. They are generally not used for climbing dangerous obstacles with potential for multiple rollovers, they operate very slowly, and they typically have a very low center of mass.

very low center of mass.

:huggy:

waffle.JPG

Oh wow only one. I found a set of 2 for 68ish but we'll see once I get up some funds from stuff I'm selling

Does that include everything for the pair or just the heim itself? I cant say I have seen any that were much cheaper than Barnes for everything.

Plus buying cheap heims end up costing a lot more when you have to replace them every year or every other year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I gotcha, I'll post the link soon and you guys can give me ur opinions

I just realized that orange thing is not in fact a Toyota forklift....

holy hell is that a lot of tube. what is it, electrical conduit? One big X and call it good.

Ok just curious now for argument sake...why is heavy machinery/fork lifts/tractors and such square cages just like mine and not round with triangulation. They weigh tons more and that's what most have so it can't be that weak at all
Forklift cages are not designed to hold up the weight of the vehicle in the very unlikely and almost impossible event it flips upside down. The cage on a forklift is there for only one reason and that is to protect the driver from falling objects that they mat be lifting and generally don't support more than the lifting capacity of said lift.

What is stronger 4 Big Triangles or 24 small rectangles/

As for me I'll take a cute lil triangle every chance I can get one especially if its nice and neat bonus points if its yellow...a square just looks like a Hitler Stache.
Oh we are talking about cages. Kinda the same.

Ok ok enough about them stinking triangle. Too much work to cut out sections then more cutting and grinding and special funky cuts and longer pieces. This took me less than an hour and done plus came free from our scrap pile so win win..
You and I both know in reality that cage would and will never give under any circumstances, just saying.

And this has been the problem since day one, you don’t listen or take the advise of people that have been doing this for years, scrap metal or not listen and learn before you do

And this has been the problem since day one, you don’t listen or take the advise of people that have been doing this for years, scrap metal or not listen and learn before you do
I totally understand the reasoning and design of triangulated cages with proper tubing. I do!
I just went with what was very affordable and readily available on my cheap butt lol.

I was merely stating in reality, my cage is heavy and overkill but it will hold up more than enough and that is ultimate goal. Moving on

What is stronger 4 Big Triangles or 24 small rectangles/

As for me I'll take a cute lil triangle every chance I can get one especially if its nice and neat bonus points if its yellow...a square just looks like a Hitler Stache.
Oh we are talking about cages. Kinda the same.

Dammit, every time I get the coffee cleaned out of my keyboard at work, I log into NC4x4 again....I apparently pay no attention to my notes...
IMG_1713.JPG

I will take those coil buckets if @Scooter402 doesnt

Now you're gonna make me have that battle with the conscious that I keep trying to think I don't have...I'd take them, but probably have them sit in the garage for quite some time, while I'm sure that you would put them to use much sooner than I'll ever be able to...Hmmm...I still think I want them, but I'll let you know if I chicken out.

I totally understand the reasoning and design of triangulated cages with proper tubing. I do!
I just went with what was very affordable and readily available on my cheap butt lol.

I was merely stating in reality, my cage is heavy and overkill but it will hold up more than enough and that is ultimate goal. Moving on

Dude I understand doing things on the cheap, but doing things affordable and cheap the wrong way makes no sense, when people have been trying to teach you or talk you into doing it the right way

I am not bashing you here either, because I also love doing things myself, but I know my limits

Put a little money back from time to time and have someone design and build you a cage that does this for a living, it’s only your life your messing with

If you want I have a bracket set here at the house. If you pay the shipping plus say $20 I’ll put em in a flat rate box. Took pics of one side but have enough pieces to do both sides and they have integrated shock mounts.

If neither of them will, ill take you up on that. I’ll even send you the label and box so don’t have to stand in line :thumbs up:

So I brought this home from work to try it out.
Anyone know anything about this brand. Worth $260? @WARRIORWELDING @Mac5005 thanks guys, I'm exited to try it out.
IMG_20180216_185626305.jpg
IMG_20180216_185641033.jpg

Correct me if I'm wrong but don't I have to switch the positive and negative around for flux wire?

Back