Golden Mountain is making a comeback!

When we going

Hopefully this summer. I have a pretty important thing that's going to take up a lot of my spring, and a pending medical procedure that might sideline me for a bit. But it's definitely on my calendar for this year.

Duane

We can only hope that it opens back up and we can go see what's there. Best thing about Golden Mtn is that you can be at the bottom of a trail and look up at 300 yards of red dirt and white quartz rock and say "let's go" and two hours later you're halfway up having the time of your lives working and winching on a hill that you thought would take a few minutes.

If I'm google mapping right....
there isn't a lot there

View attachment 411203
totally missed Ghost's comment on the land being sold (he beat me to the punch)

1706049945391.png

Pretty sure some fellers on Hardline who live right there were talking about how the land was being sold off (red circled area) where "the moon" trails and all that stuff was at. Like i said earlier, i really hope its not but that was the unfortunate news i had heard about 2-3 years ago.

You suck at reading comprehension. I was referring to the alleged housing nearby.
Or maybe you suck at expressing yourself. Or maybe it was just a vague reference and we both suck. ;)

Yes I looked it up. Looks like the main property is 323 acres.

1706107193691.png

This parcel is 26 acres.

1706107350812.png

Owned by the same person is this one. Which is 114.

1706107411243.png

I'm not sure what piece they are saying was sold for a development. Doesn't look like much developing going on.

Last edited:
I feel sorry for any grader that would have to develop anything in that area. Especially over by the moon. That's rock city
x2.

Yes I looked it up. Looks like the main property is 323 acres.

View attachment 411239

This parcel is 26 acres.

View attachment 411241

Owned by the same person is this one. Which is 114.

View attachment 411242

I'm not sure what piece they are saying was sold for a development. Doesn't look like much developing going on.
That parcel was always seperate, and the original owners had access to it. When the park was for sale, that part was never part of the sale... can only hope that they still have access to it, but if not, there are plenty of trails elsewhere.

1706123088786.png

The area in blue had some awesome trails, but they were stupid steep. It wasnt traveled too much, that I recall.

Man I hope they get the trails open again! Sure looks promising at this point. That would be awesome.

Clean up ride this weekend for gmp. If sfwda :poop::gay:🤮 can organize it right this weekend, a reliable source says that the trails will be clean and ready after Saturday. Obviously, the opening date will be dependent on the owners though. This is looking extremely promising this time and if it goes through, youll see me here far more than aop.

I never made it to Golden Mountain back during my wheeling days. It is 6 hrs from where I live. How long has it been closed?

Clean up ride this weekend for gmp. If sfwda :poop::gay:🤮 can organize it right this weekend, a reliable source says that the trails will be clean and ready after Saturday. Obviously, the opening date will be dependent on the owners though. This is looking extremely promising this time and if it goes through, youll see me here far more than aop.
Watching the video that I posted, it didnt look like too many trees were down. If the turnout is good, it seems like you could easily break up in teams and get most or all of the tree cleanup done. Rebuilding the bridge is going to be a longer project, but shouldnt stop them from opening.

They gotta get showers running to start having campers last I saw. Looking forward to it. Has it really been that long? Copperhead road whooped my ass. I don’t know who said anything about traction more like that lack of it!

They gotta get showers running to start having campers last I saw. Looking forward to it. Has it really been that long? Copperhead road whooped my ass. I don’t know who said anything about traction more like that lack of it!
As long as they get / have, running water, to start with, everyone can make do. My Worst dents, are from GM!

Back