Getting a hip replacement...

That's a great report! I know you are relived to have the pain gone. Good luck with the continued recovery.

I've had a complete right hip replacement, but mine was from an injury so a lot different circumstances, but I feel your pain none the less. I completely shattered my right leg, to include my pelvis and hip, actually sheared the head of my femur off and it's now held on with a very large screw along with a rod through my femur and tibia, along with other various hardware in my hip and ankle. My advice is to take physical therapy seriously and listen to the Drs and therapists, but most importantly, listen to your body! You're there only one that truly knows what's going on and you'll know better than anyone how you're progressing. Weather changes affect me quite a bit and with mine I was told that with the damage I sustained to expect arthritis to develop and unfortunately they weren't wrong. But being 51 years old and having my entire right leg and hip reconstructed a few years ago all things considered I am doing very well. All I can tell you is that if you do your part with therapy and exercise, you'll be up and at it before you know it! Good luck and hold fast, you got this!

Sent from my moto e6 using Tapatalk

^^^^^ Thank you! ...and I gladly accept your advice. Doing the math, I am 23 years older than you. The Doc informed my wife, after the surgery, that I had considerable arthritis in the areas surrounding. I am not sure what is coming next. I was told yesterday if I successfully complete 2 sessions with the therapists today I will be going home following. Then, I supposedly have 6 visits from home healthcare. From there, I don't know. You were busted up badly from an injury. As best as I know, my predicament is a result of old age. However it turns out, I sure do feel better than I have for quite some time. Thank you again for your post, and I wish you the best.

It sounds like it was a decision that you'll really be glad you made and I am very glad that you're feeling much better! Take it one day at a time and like I said take therapy seriously, it really helped me!

^^^^^ Thank you! ...and I gladly accept your advice. Doing the math, I am 23 years older than you. The Doc informed my wife, after the surgery, that I had considerable arthritis in the areas surrounding. I am not sure what is coming next. I was told yesterday if I successfully complete 2 sessions with the therapists today I will be going home following. Then, I supposedly have 6 visits from home healthcare. From there, I don't know. You were busted up badly from an injury. As best as I know, my predicament is a result of old age. However it turns out, I sure do feel better than I have for quite some time. Thank you again for your post, and I wish you the best.

After the home PT, You will most likely have somewhere around 12 Outpatient PT sessions. Push yourself but don't overdo it.

I had 6 home sessions and 12 outpatient sessions for my knee and at 10 weeks out, i'm so much better than I was pre surgery. I get some twinges of minor pain once in a while but it has full flex and now the twisting motions don't hurt. Do what the therapists tell you and do your homework and you will be back to normal quickly.

Glad everything went well.

Glad to hear your surgery went well and you're feeling better!:bounce:

A friend of mine has had both done... by the VA (as a vet, I'm appalled by their BS & use of "Big Lots"-grade "doctors" and pay for my own insurance! :rolleyes:)
First was thru the back, zero pain and was hunting (1 mile each way to stand) within 2 weeks
Second was thru the frontside and was botched... femur split by too large an implant shaft and attempt to cover it up with additional screws. 2 years later, in worse pain than pre-surgery, VA tossing him around like a hot potato, but think he finally got approved to seek

Another friend had both done and then had 1 done again because of implant issue (some sort of recall) and still bikes about 50 miles/week... no issues at all

That's great news! Be careful and watch you footing, a small tumble or trip could cause some issues...take it slow and steady and you'll be A-OK!

Back home... safe & sound!

That's great news! Be careful and watch you footing, a small tumble or trip could cause some issues...take it slow and steady and you'll be A-OK!

Will do! Appreciate your pointers and advice. And, from all others who offered!

Back