Gear reduction for a chevy np205

Kap10merica

I was wondering if anyone has any 411 on finding a gear redcution set or an upgraded set of gears for a 205.:beer:

You used to be able to get a Lo-max 3.0-1 for the np205 but i think i read somewhere that production had stopped and it's not on their web site anymore. I don't know what had happened but i was planning on getting one also. I'm sure someone one here will know what happened.

IIRC the lo-max setup was actually a new case with the gear reduction already installed and you just swapped over a few other things from your current 205 into it. But im pretty sure its not made anymore.

You culd always get a doubler...

Yep, IIRC the lomax was the only option, and it required a completely new case and new gears, but reused internals like shift rails and shafts from your current 205.

If you have room for it, you could build a 203/205 doubler for half the price and a 4:1 reduction vs the 3:1 reduction of the Lomax.

or put a Klune or Black Box in front of the 205 giving your a 4 speed TC with the following ratios; 1:1, 2:1, 2.72:1, and 5.44:1.

Back