Gas Super Duty's to avoid

@ghost do you have Facebook? I found this 2015 with 106k miles for $23,000. Has cloth seats, manual shift t-case, vinyl floors. It's 3.5 hours away from me, so I haven't had a chance to go check it out yet. Seems like a decent deal but hard to know what shape it's in without seeing it in person.

Yes I’m on FB. Haven’t seen that one. Looks like it’s in Travlers Rest. 2 hours from me easy.

That’s because y’all got money down there in south cacalacky :D travel north and I’d bet you will find plenty of cheaper 250s.
Anything north of NC and it’s potential rust bucket.

So every so often I go search just for giggles. Of course this time it hit....

$29,995

View attachment 336335

Pretty positive that is the green I saw on a F250 and loved it.... So is that a good price on a 6,2 gas with 109K

View attachment 336336

I guess and xlt? Cloth interior with no frills looks like. Was back up camera's option in 2016?

I actually looked at the truck for a minute the other day. It's the dark green, damn good looking truck. I didn't look at it long because it was out of my price range. I did however look at a silver extended cab they had. It's was also a good looking truck, bit the carfax said it was in a wreck that cause frame damage or something. I noticed all the front bumper brackets looked new, that's why I looked up the carfax on it. I asked the sales guy if it had ever been in a wreck and he said he didn't know. So I decided to walk away from it. They also had a white crew cab but I think it was setup for natural gas.
FWIW, a friend of mine bought a car from there years ago. The hood had some strange stuff going on with the paint, he asked if it'd been painted and they said no and that it had never been in any accidents. Perhaps they don't always know the history of every car they buy, but we later found out that car was in a major accident and had serious damage. It drove don the road straight like it was supposed to and was a problem free car really, but he wasn't happy about them lying (assuming they knew)

I might seriously be out of touch with reality, but I have a hard time believing a 5 year old truck with 110,000 miles is worth $30,000. That is a big reason I'm still driving a 20 year old truck though.
I just sold my 9 year old F250 diesel with 267k for $21k.

What was the actual KBB?
KBB
138871120_10106368033272437_5032761780788479446_n.jpg

NADA
139369975_10106368022963097_2696695582128158076_n.jpg

(Assuming fuel prices remain average)
As long as I have been alive, when a democrat takes the white house, fuel prices skyrocket

FWIW, a friend of mine bought a car from there years ago. The hood had some strange stuff going on with the paint, he asked if it'd been painted and they said no and that it had never been in any accidents. Perhaps they don't always know the history of every car they buy, but we later found out that car was in a major accident and had serious damage. It drove don the road straight like it was supposed to and was a problem free car really, but he wasn't happy about them lying (assuming they knew)
Yea, I'm sure the truck would have been fine. It's just the fact that I don't think he was being honest with me about it. You would think somebody trying to sell a vehicle would know that kind of stuff. But he could have really not known.

Yes I’m on FB. Haven’t seen that one. Looks like it’s in Travlers Rest. 2 hours from me easy.
My son lives in TR (well technically he lives in tigerville but same thing) , if you need someone to put eyes on it for ya let me know

Did you buy that new? Would you say that trucks are holding their values better now? (Assuming fuel prices remain average)
Hail no. Truck prices have definitely trended upward in the past year. Paid $16k for it 3 years ago ;)

Anyone on here step into the 7.3 yet? If you saw my post in things that suck ass you know why I'm asking. Local dealer has a 7.3 Tremor off road packaged truck for sale.
I don't know who needs to hear this, but my psychic told me to say "Glenn needs a 7.3 Tremor". Hopefully we can figure out who that message was for.

Anyone on here step into the 7.3 yet? If you saw my post in things that suck ass you know why I'm asking. Local dealer has a 7.3 Tremor off road packaged truck for sale.
Ive driven a couple and been talking to a dealer a lot the last couple weeks.

I actually wouldnt want the tremor package because its only avvailable in a 7.3 with a 4.30 gear...and I hate the black wheels lol...

but if you havent drove a 7.3....in a test drive setting (ie I aint owed with one) it feels more responsive and quicker than a 6.0 or 6.4 era diesel

Ive driven a couple and been talking to a dealer a lot the last couple weeks.

I actually wouldnt want the tremor package because its only avvailable in a 7.3 with a 4.30 gear...and I hate the black wheels lol...

but if you havent drove a 7.3....in a test drive setting (ie I aint owed with one) it feels more responsive and quicker than a 6.0 or 6.4 era diesel

I did not realize that was the case on the ratio. I also found a 7.3 with the FX4 off road package and noticed it had the rear e locker too. The truck I looked at was gray and I thought the wheels looked good on that truck.

I did not realize that was the case on the ratio. I also found a 7.3 with the FX4 off road package and noticed it had the rear e locker too. The truck I looked at was gray and I thought the wheels looked good on that truck.
Play around on Ford's website and build you a truck from scratch.
Its really good to learn what requires what.

I can give a few other matches that are weird. but 7.3 with tremor is only 4.30...and quad led head light require lariat ultimate lux package......

Play around on Ford's website and build you a truck from scratch.
Its really good to learn what requires what.

I can give a few other matches that are weird. but 7.3 with tremor is only 4.30...and quad led head light require lariat ultimate lux package......
I have done some playing around on there but not much. I was surprised at some things too. Especially the propane natural gas option.

Went and test drove a new f250 with the 7.3l yesterday. I wasn’t floored by the power but it seemed healthy. I was disappointed by the ride of the truck in general, it was very stiff. I have an lifted xj and a cj7 so I’m used to a straight axle ride but it was not as comfortable a ride as my 03 2500hd. I know they are not the same ifs vs straight axle but you would think that they could figure out how to make it a more comfortable ride. Just my thoughts.
now someone talk me out buying a new f250 and selling my 03 Chevy.

Solid axle the 03 (05+ Ford axle and coilovers) and it'll ride better than it does now, be way cooler, and you won't have a payment :D

That was an option...right?

Solid axle the 03 (05+ Ford axle and coilovers) and it'll ride better than it does now, be way cooler, and you won't have a payment :D

That was an option...right?
You forgot not dealing with quickly wearing and weak IFS and steering parts.

Went and test drove a new f250 with the 7.3l yesterday. I wasn’t floored by the power but it seemed healthy. I was disappointed by the ride of the truck in general, it was very stiff. I have an lifted xj and a cj7 so I’m used to a straight axle ride but it was not as comfortable a ride as my 03 2500hd. I know they are not the same ifs vs straight axle but you would think that they could figure out how to make it a more comfortable ride. Just my thoughts.
now someone talk me out buying a new f250 and selling my 03 Chevy.
Did you mash it? My truck does 80 by the time on the on ramp on the interstate. It rides much better than my 01 TJ but not as nice as my 09 F150. IMHO if was built to tow and work. If you like the Chevy so much why are you not looking at another 2500hd?

Back