Gambler 500

CasterTroy

Faster'N You
We need something like that here on the East coast!

You could make the waypoints similar to @shawn and @trailhugger grand tour, but incorporate a few more difficult areas and compress the schedule drastically.

@Jason W. sell me your Jeep for $500 so I can go enter this thing and win :cool:

Thanks to Jim Martin, most of the unpaved roads in North Carolina are on federal land. There's not much outside of that.

That's about like the cheap car challenge that me and a few advance associates were talking about doing, except our trip was to Maine and back, $700 max car, $700 in repairs max before the trip. We're still working out when it would be and prizes, etc.

Was that a Pinzgauer? Definitely not a $500 vehicle. I'd love to do something like that though
They have 2 categories - really cheap, and really cool. But "really cool" is still supposed to be under $10k or something.

I'm seriously considering doing this one up in PA. Will start looking for buddies to go along. I'd either drive my POS Proetege5 that's pushing 200k or the beater '93 stocker Toy p/u.

Was that a Pinzgauer? Definitely not a $500 vehicle. I'd love to do something like that though
That's what happens to every kind of racing that's "suppose" to be low budget.Ever been around many derby guys??

@RatLabGuy
Does a 2wd truck stand a chance?
Probably, if it has reasonable suspension and a good working skinny pedal...?
I don't know much aside from whats on that page. when asked about terrain the guy said, "it's mostly offroad" but given it's PA and will have to be lgeally accessible I have no idea what that means

I've got two good candidates for this! Someone set it up...

Back