full traction ultimate 4" lift anyone have this

RAYZZ

I have a 99 tj and had full traction ultimate (top rear is triangled ) 4" lift installed with blistin 5100 shocks . I am not sure what to think about the lift it wobbles all over the place when you take off . Everything was installed by local shop and looks OK but it is all over the place on road ^)/~ ^! . A buddy of mine has a jeep with a lift on it I think 3" pro comp (contol arms ,springs, shocks,and track bars) his jeep drives great compared to mine . Whats wrong or is this the way this system works. THANKS RAY
HELP
:confused:

did u get it aligned? another thing... did u have the DPA intalled? at the 4in height u dont need a DPA unless u are using a mount that drops the mounting point on the frame side... DPA's = bumpsteer...

Ray,
Give me a shout at the shop so we can discuss your problems a bit. We have had a ton of problems lately with FT stuff and it does not surprise me that you are having issues. Let me know if I can help

Andy

Ray if you have had it lifted and don't have a Drpped Pitman Arm it will jump in differant directions when you hit bumps(if this is the problem).

zubz said:
Ray,
We have had a ton of problems lately with FT stuff and it does not surprise me that you are having issues.
Andy

I was planning on ordering a FT 6" lift tomorrow. What are the issues that are occuring? Should I go back to the RE 5.5 or the RockKrawler?

Thanks... Craig

TJCraig said:
I was planning on ordering a FT 6" lift tomorrow. What are the issues that are occuring? Should I go back to the RE 5.5 or the RockKrawler?

Thanks... Craig

Well, I absolutely will never tell you to go with the RockKrawler crap so leave that one out......

Lately FT has been having issues with springs and components. Plus, the FT upper setup is not adjustable so depending on what you are trying to do with your jeep, you can potentially get locked in and have problems.

I would still go with the RE 5.5" kit. Their 3 link seems to be working well and we have them in stock if you need it. Let me know, I will be happy to work you a deal on the RE 5.5" if you want to install it yourself or we can help you out. We also carry the Clayton's offroad kits. They are just arms but we typically fill them in with JKS, Rubicon Express, and Bilstein products.

If I can help, give me a shout monday
Andy

zubz said:
I would still go with the RE 5.5" kit. Their 3 link seems to be working well and we have them in stock if you need it. Let me know, I will be happy to work you a deal on the RE 5.5" if you want to install it yourself or we can help you out. We also carry the Clayton's offroad kits. They are just arms but we typically fill them in with JKS, Rubicon Express, and Bilstein products.

If I can help, give me a shout monday
Andy

Thanks for the info Andy. I will give you a call. I currently live in Fla, however we are moving to Apex in June. I am trying to get everything done to the Jeep before we move. I have some 44 axles that we are putting in and now I am looking for the lift, gears, lockers, beadlocks and probably some Iroks. What time does your shop open?

Back