Fuel Line Planning / Routing

orange150

Hard part of my engine build is about done (I hope; probably not) so I'm starting to worry about the next headache, fueling the EFI system.

My plan is to pick up a replacement sending unit from MTS and modify it to accept an in tank pump and return line:
1712675180445.png

The Pro Flo 4 system requires 3/8 (-6) lines and fittings, so my two main thoughts are
A) pick up two 3/8 main fuel lines from Inline Tube, one for supply and one for return
or
B) use some -6 fuel line from Summit and use that for the entirety of the fuel system, I was thinking it would be slick to run it inside the frame rail.
I'm also thinking it would cut down on fittings as I could go straight from the fuel filter to the fuel pressure regulator (and regulator back to return port on the sending unit) in one run instead of having to plumb short runs of soft line to connect to the hard line at both ends.

I went back with hose when I redid the YJ a few months ago. One run, cut for filter fittings, pump fittings etc. Run it where you want and use cush clamps to secure to the tub/frame wherever it needs to go.
I concur. Then as later mods happen you can easily move and adjust.

1st (GM) TBI iteration was FI-rated hose tank/filter/pump/filter and slightly modified GM factory hardlines/SS braided to TB, back thru the same for return
2nd (Sniper) TBI is all Holley supplied (Earl's VaporGuard) FI-rated hose stem to stern... with the overall plan to move to some sort of applicable braid in the future

Back