Fuel Cell

SPOA87YJ

Looking to put a fuel cell in the yj. Before I order it I was wondering if anyone who had done this would care to share some insight. Curious about how all the stock stuff hooks up to the fuel cell. It's going to be mounted in the tub behind the two front seats if that helps at all. Any help would be great.

I have not done mine yet, but I have been told to get the RCI fuel cell from Summit Racing. The sending unit will work on the RCI fuel cell you just have to get the tank modified to accept the stock sending unit. Andy at Carolina Rockshop in CLT has done them.

Bigwaylon on this board has one in the back of his TJ.

can't answer specifically for the YJ or toy...but here's a couple shots from my TJ...

went with the 19-gallon RCI cell from Summit:

DSCN0104.JPG

we didn't use the GM sending unit that's installed in them...rather just cut a hole in the cell and mounted the factory pump using a couple of steel rings:

DSCN0900.JPG

we simply cut a hole in the tub, and bent the hard lines up...all stock connections and tubing still used:

DSCN0902.JPG

the only "parts" to buy were a couple fittings/caps and getting the rings laser cut...

Greg

SPOA87YJ said:
Cool...did you decide to stay with the stock unit over the GM just bc everything hooked up??

yep...and because the stock unit is one piece including the pump...if I used the GM sending unit, I still would've had to use the factory pump (so still have to cut the hole) or use an external pump...

Greg

so have you put your fuel cell in yet SPOA87YJ?
also, does andy at CRS have the rings for a YJ?

tyler

Back