Fuel Cell Questions

frankenyoter

No Rain, No Rainbow
I have a cheap o plastic fuel cell that I am currently using, and probably will for a while. It has a little breather on the cap. I would like to replace the cap for a solid one or seal the existing hole. Recently had massive amounts of water in fuel. When I do this I will still need a vent and/or a roll over valve. I know I will need to drill another hole for it. Where do I find this valve?

Also are the 5-7 gallon fuel cells all about the same dimensions? I plan on reworking the back of my rig and placing the cell down low in the rear kinda below the "bed". I don't want to build anything that makes me rework the metal if/when I get a better one.

i could have posted this exact thread. same exact issue. i just rerouted the vent under the cell for rolling. you can get everything you need for fuel cells from summit.

mounting ideas: drill a hole on both sides of the cell, bolt 2 eye bolts to the bed and rachet strap it tight.

i could have posted this exact thread. same exact issue. i just rerouted the vent under the cell for rolling. you can get everything you need for fuel cells from summit.
mounting ideas: drill a hole on both sides of the cell, bolt 2 eye bolts to the bed and rachet strap it tight.

Thanks I will look into Summit. It is currently bolted to part of the floor that I didn't cut out. Originally it was strapped all the way around! I plan on removing all the old sheet metal and mounting the cell recessed in a new "bed" with a skid under it. Trying to make it flush with the bottom frame rails. I need fenders and a place to store parts and tools.

Back