Front waggy 44 in a TJ?

In all this mess who is actually snapping big u joint dana 30 shafts? I am slowly abusing my 30 a little more each trip but I have yet to have a problem with it besides routine maintenance.

Knock on wood of course :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
In all this mess who is actually snapping big u joint dana 30 shafts? I am slowly abusing my 30 a little more each trip but I have yet to have a problem with it besides routine maintenance.

Knock on wood of course :D

4dr jk guys cause there junk is heavy as fuck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

4dr jk guys cause there junk is heavy as fuck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Plus they also run 37s on 1" of suspension lift :flipoff2:

I have yet to be on a ride in all my years where someone snapped an axle shaft. I understand a dana 30 will not survive if you are bouncing on ledges with the wheels locked to the pass or driver side.

Plus they also run 37s on 1" of suspension lift :flipoff2:

I have yet to be on a ride in all my years where someone snapped an axle shaft. I understand a dana 30 will not survive if you are bouncing on ledges with the wheels locked to the pass or driver side.

I blew up a u joint / broke the ears one one, never snapped the shaft per say.

I've beat the hell out of my jk44 front on 38.5x14.50 TSL/SXs, stock shafts with the u-joint caps tacked in place. Could it break one, yep. But you'd have to Stevie Wonder the shit out of it. Ball joints wear out but that's any d44 with big tires. Main thing is beefy stock shafts, and selectable locker put you ahead of the game. I've personally haven't witnessed anyone busting a factory e locker but I have heard of the magnets not working, ECGS sells a replacement. Truss, gears, and Inner C gussets help with any tweaking that can happen to a factory housing. Welding the inner C gussets on before you do ball joints helps free them up in my experience. I've ran stock ball joints, synergy, and teraflex. I'm most impressed with teraflex.

Wheeling in Cali, friend of mine popped a RCV inner on his d30 with 36" iroks.

Last edited:
You wanna see d30 parts explode come wheel with me. In 2017 alone I've broken 3 driver side axles and 1 pass side.

Gonna see how these Yukon chromos past whole the tons go under the knife

In 2017 alone I've broken 3 driver side axles and 1 pass side.

Damn! Off-road, you must have the finesse of Michael J Fox playing a game of Operation

Back