From Piece to Beast

Well a update for yall finally! We had to take a little time off from the jimmy as we were really getting burnt out, as well as my gf getting burnt out from sitting around. Ended up takin a week off, then took another week to get a bunch of lawn equipment together and running including a trailer so that we can start up a business, and then i took her to the beach for a week...we got back last sunday.

Bret and i got everything in the truck completly hooked up, got my guages installed in my dash(still have 3 more to get), fabbed up a throttle bracket and various other little things over the past week.

Yesterday we got it fired up and it sounds mean as shit! Can't keep it running though, so we checked everything with the multimeter and determined the injectors have gone bad. We tested the resistance through the injectors themselves and couldnt get it to read anything. I need at least 85pph Holley injectors to get it to run right.
I guess thats it for now, heres some pics
Framerail mounted electric fuel pump E-2000.....
ai131.photobucket.com_albums_p312_biggreenbronco76_Mobile_20Uploads_Aug30_0001.jpg

ai131.photobucket.com_albums_p312_biggreenbronco76_Mobile_20Uploads_Aug30_0002.jpg

Custom Throttle bracket bret welded up.....
ai131.photobucket.com_albums_p312_biggreenbronco76_Mobile_20Uploads_Aug30_0005.jpg

Guages mounted in dash(oil, temp, volt)
ai131.photobucket.com_albums_p312_biggreenbronco76_Mobile_20Uploads_Aug30_0003.jpg

ai131.photobucket.com_albums_p312_biggreenbronco76_Mobile_20Uploads_Aug30_0004.jpg

well ordered a pair of holley marine injectors 86pph sometime last week, checked the tracking number and they should be here today!!!!! YAY!!!

i appreciate it joey...need to get those twins on your cummins!....well last night we got the new custom in tank fuel pump installed and working and had it running like a beast....we went to tune it and due to being straight headers we couldnt hear each other, so im going to get some cherrybombs this afternoon at least until i can afford to get some flowies.....all thats left is exhaust, tuning, putting in the windshield, doing the balljoints, cleaning up the wiring a little bit, and buttoning up the hole in the floorboard where we cut it for access to the top of the tank.....also have to address a fuel leak......and its ready to roll! at least until its time to do axles lol

well, finally going to do an update its been awhile...its been a fight too. we got the truck runnin some time ago and couldnt get rid of a miss at mid idle, then ran it out of gas and couldnt get it runnin agian....its something stupid and i dont feel like screwing with it soooo i traded off some stuff for a predator!!!! I have to get an intake to run it by an insider said my gf is splittin one with him for my bday, should be here by saturday. went ahead and used flexpipe to run the exhaust so that i could get it past the passenger side of the tcase without taking it to an exhaust shop(usually do our own exhaust cut and weld). built a 3 switch panel, 2 on/off's with covers and a 3 position....1 for ign, 1 for fuel pump, and the 3 position for my fans that i FINALLY got wired up.....now that i am getting rid of the fuel injection im not sure what im going to use the 1st switch for, we'll see. I also picked up another pickup for my tank since we built the intank pump for the FI. this weekend we'll get all the FI stuff pulled out of the truck and get prepped to drop the new intake/predator carb on it and get this damn thing runnin for good. well i think thats it for now, heres some pictures
exhaust
ai131.photobucket.com_albums_p312_biggreenbronco76_Mobile_20Uploads_Oct18_0002.jpg

ai131.photobucket.com_albums_p312_biggreenbronco76_Mobile_20Uploads_Oct23_0001.jpg

ai131.photobucket.com_albums_p312_biggreenbronco76_Mobile_20Uploads_Oct23_0002.jpg

windshield's in
ai131.photobucket.com_albums_p312_biggreenbronco76_Mobile_20Uploads_Oct11_0001.jpg

fans are in and wired up
ai131.photobucket.com_albums_p312_biggreenbronco76_Mobile_20Uploads_Sep24_0001_1.jpg

switch panel...nothin special
ai131.photobucket.com_albums_p312_biggreenbronco76_Mobile_20Uploads_Oct21_0001.jpg

ai131.photobucket.com_albums_p312_biggreenbronco76_Mobile_20Uploads_Oct21_0002.jpg

and now the kicker!!!
ai131.photobucket.com_albums_p312_biggreenbronco76_Mobile_20Uploads_Nov01_0001.jpg

ai131.photobucket.com_albums_p312_biggreenbronco76_Mobile_20Uploads_Nov01_0002.jpg

This one was on firetoy's rig b4 he did the engine swap, i traded some wheels/tires for it to amw

i just took a dremel tool to the backside of the dash/gauge cluster....cut some out til the guages would fit....id be glad to give you a hand if you want to do it

New intake for my early birthday!!! dual plane basically equal to a performer but has xtra goodies like dual distributor holddown spots several different coolant passage spots for temp and whatnot....its also able to fit both a old style head and a new style head...has these cool elongated holes with bushings...also i got some nice 12 point intake bolts for free from summit with the intake
ai131.photobucket.com_albums_p312_biggreenbronco76_Mobile_20Uploads_Nov06_0002.jpg

ai131.photobucket.com_albums_p312_biggreenbronco76_Mobile_20Uploads_Nov06_0001.jpg

ai131.photobucket.com_albums_p312_biggreenbronco76_Mobile_20Uploads_Nov06_0003.jpg

we got all the fuel injection stuff off friday....gonna put it all together today, run new fuel line, drop the new intake on and get everything swapped to it etc

the intake also came with a spreadbore to squarebore adapter and an egr blockoff plate.....the one thing im missing is summit stickers, they didnt send any

well started puttin her back together....got the intake on and torqued down, got all the plugs put in it, temp sensor in it, egr blockoff and whatnot....still have to stab the dizzy, run new fuel lines, put in the fuelpump and regulator, and get brackets made for throttle linkage and kickdown to the predator.......heres some pics of the intake bolted in and teaser pics of the carb all mocked up
ai131.photobucket.com_albums_p312_biggreenbronco76_Mobile_20Uploads_Nov08_0001.jpg

ai131.photobucket.com_albums_p312_biggreenbronco76_Mobile_20Uploads_Nov08_0002.jpg

ai131.photobucket.com_albums_p312_biggreenbronco76_Mobile_20Uploads_Nov08_0004.jpg

ai131.photobucket.com_albums_p312_biggreenbronco76_Mobile_20Uploads_Nov08_0003.jpg

Back