Frames / Rails?

SHINTON

I cannot seem to find the thread, I remember someone saying that a bunch of the modern buggies getting built they were using a "rail"/something race chassis?
It seems like it was a std chassis for racing, but folks were modding it for use as single seat rock buggies?
If anyone knows that thread/links...my other current thoughts are a single seat buggy frame from one of the "sand rails" guys, they run about $6-800 with the upgrade to beefier tubing.
My current "thoughts" are a mid/rear engine/transaxle dealio... (Toyota would be first choice, but Honda seems to be popular too)
Axles will be D30/Amc20 narrow tracs (welded rear and lockright front is my current plan)
Tires would be Swamper TSL 34x9.5s
Thx in advance for help/thoughts. (And yes, the YJ sold on ebay, so once the cash goes thru, it is AWN like Donkey Kong) So we are getting real close from going from theory to application.
Sam...wheels the hardest on the web...Hinton

You should get yourself a bender and a welder and make one. That way you could have it exactly how you want it.

M3B_Hyd%20BW.jpg

http://www.jd2.com/

That is a possibility...but if I can find a chassis for $5-800, it would be hard to buy the tube and bender for that...(not to mention time/skills/engineering)

Back