Found a new place the wheel

They don’t really even look like trails to me. Can’t wait to go! Might have to ride with one of y’all “big wheelers” though.

You'd have a blast in the WJ in the creek bed trails.

3hrs from Charlotte via google maps. It is on my list of places to go.
@rq have you seen this?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

We rode the south eastern corner of Hatfield and McCoy trails this past weekend just outside of Bluefield WV. Looks like this place is just on the other side of the interstate. Definitely an awesome area and will be checking this place out. It's not a bad drive from my area. Got there in just over 3hrs.

Oh lord don’t mention the word “yurt” around my wife. Long story but Christmas in July just ain’t the same anymore...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh lord don’t mention the word “yurt” around my wife. Long story but Christmas in July just ain’t the same anymore...

Not sure what a yurt is but I'm down to go.

So a group of us went to ivy branch about a month ago and expected more to do that what was really there. We went for three days and really just about hit every trail (or all the double black diamonds) on the map by the end of the day Thursday. My question is if it’s bigger right has more to do than Ivy branch has? Either way I want to make a trip there just wondering if it’s a 2 day ride kinda deal or 3 day?

So a group of us went to ivy branch about a month ago and expected more to do that what was really there. We went for three days and really just about hit every trail (or all the double black diamonds) on the map by the end of the day Thursday. My question is if it’s bigger right has more to do than Ivy branch has? Either way I want to make a trip there just wondering if it’s a 2 day ride kinda deal or 3 day?

01EC549C-C4D6-42B5-943A-FA9C55432A69.jpeg

This is a Yurt. Many sizes and styles. They have a 2 story one at Kairos.

As for the size, there’s a good 2 days of riding according to Nathan. I’d give him a call before you go and he’ll show you around.

I’ve been looking forward to going to Ivy Branch early next year, hate to hear there’s not more there but I’ll still go check it out.

Don’t get me wrong, ivy branch was fun. It’s got some pretty cool stuff like big ledges and whatnot. If I were to go again, I’d leave on Friday morning and ride Friday afternoon and all day Saturday then come home Sunday. The guy who runs the camp is alright but I feel like looked down on all our little yota axle buggies.

Don’t get me wrong, ivy branch was fun. It’s got some pretty cool stuff like big ledges and whatnot. If I were to go again, I’d leave on Friday morning and ride Friday afternoon and all day Saturday then come home Sunday. The guy who runs the camp is alright but I feel like looked down on all our little yota axle buggies.

I can tell I'm gonna like that guy

Shumate Falls is the first place I ever went wheeling.

I was just there 2 weeks ago in a built buggy and felt the same way since I wasn't a built TJ/JK/JL.... The place was really good riding, but I'd probably look for a different place to camp there.

I looked at Kairos last winter but couldn't get much info on it to see if it's worth investigating...... Looks like I'll be looking to make a trip here soon

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Back