Forum suggestions

Jake.

Hey guys. I know I am new here but I have a couple suggestions you maybe could consider. I don't know if the format allows but it would be cool if we could have a chat box like HPJ does at the main forum screen. It makes easier for chit chatting and just bs'ing when there's nothing else to do. Also, a DIY section would be awesome, where members could make threads with write-ups on installs, parts replacements etc. Just a thought. I love the forums so far y'all keep up the good work!

Hey guys. I know I am new here but I have a couple suggestions you maybe could consider. I don't know if the format allows but it would be cool if we could have a chat box like HPJ does at the main forum screen. It makes easier for chit chatting and just bs'ing when there's nothing else to do. Also, a DIY section would be awesome, where members could make threads with write-ups on installs, parts replacements etc. Just a thought. I love the forums so far y'all keep up the good work!

Yeah, I actually have an updated version of that chat software to install. It's more like google chat or facebook chat, though. It has a chat room, but most people used it for sending instant messages to one another. It was causing problems for a few people, so I disabled it until I could set it up to be opt-in. I just never got around to doing the opt-in part. I'll work on that.

As far as the DIY section goes, does Build Threads work for that? The idea was that it would be longer-form stuff, more "articles" than quick tech questions. It's mostly whole vehicle builds, but there's no reason it couldn't be smaller projects, too. Maybe it just needs a name change? You guys tell me.

And sorry I didn't see this until three days later.

Back