Forest Service Malfeasance In Tellico Appeals Decision

J.C.

Volunteer
As someone fairly new to the public lands access fight I continue to be frustrated and disheartened with the malfeasance exhibited by the Forest Service in relation to their Decision Notice to close the Upper Tellico OHV Area.

At issue at the moment is their blatant malfeasance in not following their own mandated Code of Federal Regulations, 36 CFR 215, in deciding the administrative appeals that were filed following the Decision Notice.

According to 36 CFR 215, and the time line as I understand it, the Forest Service Appeals Deciding Officer should have made a decision on the appeals by January 14, 2010. We have heard nothing from the Forest Service concerning this decision. Are these public servants not responsible to follow the same regulations that ordinary citizens are to follow?

Who is watching out for the American public’s interest in this attempt to close public lands to public use? Who will hold these employees of the American public accountable for doing what they are supposed to do? Why are the rules and regulations not being followed by those that work for us? Who will stand in the gap?

I continue to urge you to not let this issue be swept under the rug! Call, write or email your elected representatives, both state and federal! Call, write or email the NC Forest Service Supervisor and her managing agency, the US Department of Agriculture!

Continue to support, both financially and with your membership, those organizations that are fighting for YOU! Southern Four Wheel Drive Association, Blueribbon Coalition and United Four Wheel Drive Association need your voice to make them a strong and viable advocate for 4wd rights!

Back