fist time uwharrie trip question?

matt12ar

this idea came up about a week ago,I and a friend are thinking about going to Uwharrie to do a little offroading. my current set up is a 95 Isuzu rodeo with the torsion bars cranked up all the way riding on military tires 265-75-r16 and my friend has a 2002 jeep grand Cherokee with everything stock with Goodyear wrangler st 225-75-16 and a 2003 dodge Dakota with bf KO tires P265/70R16. what would be a fun trail to start and what experiences have you seen there?

Stay off Daniel and Dutch John trails if it is wet. Get a trail map from the outpost where you buy your trail pass.

Wolf Den (89)
Slab Pile (79)
Falls Dam (96)
Saw Mill (93)

I would stay off Daniel, Dutch John, and Dickey Bell if you don't have sliders and skid plates - especially with the GC with small tires.

x2 what they said. Personally I'd recommend trying to go with someone that has been there before or asking some there if you can tag along.

If you go during the week y'all will have the place to yourselves. My wife and I go a lot during the week and hardly run into anybody.

Just remember to stay on the trails and try to leave the place looking better when you leave than when you got there.

If you go during the week y'all will have the place to yourselves. My wife and I go a lot during the week and hardly run into anybody.

^^ What he said. :D I was out this past Wednesday picking up trash and bumped into two other people all day, it was brilliant! Also ditto on the trail comments - coming from a fellow ISUZU owner, your Rodeo would likely do OK on some of the more advanced trails but it might be rough going for the completely stock trucks. As a side note, there's an ISUZU gathering coming up in a few weeks in case you're interested in attending - details are here.

Shaggy

Back