Fabn801 question

3EF61A73-456D-428E-B1C0-0A910FF4A64A.png

Before I built my own chassis I considered ordering one of theirs when they were in the opening stages and were inexpensive and trying to create a following. My main drawback was the interior size. They just look straight up small.

The 2.0 is tiny and not big boy friendly at all, seen one at TX werock earlier this year. I notice a lot of tire lift in their geometry also. Plus the price increase of their chassis are near what other proven chassis cost. For the money, I think there are other superior designs out there in small buggies. Just my opinion.

Not finished yet but in the mid point of the build:

The rock lizard is a small chassis, really meant for samurai and mini truck drive train.
The rock lizard 2.0 & large models are a little bigger, but still pretty compact. There is one dude who's shoved an LS in one of them.
The Sin City (the chassis I have) started their push into the LS/400/atlas drivetrains. Though the width is still narrow (47" inside of bar to inside of bar where the seats sit, so you guys running the wide corbeaus will have to get creative)
Now they have a couple new chassis the Atom & the Desert Lizard which I'm not as familiar with

1661448747826.png

This chassis looks like to me it's lacking a lot of reinforcement in the front end. Imagine endo-ing with that and everything from the A-Pillar forward will be crushed.

The rock lizard is a small chassis, really meant for samurai and mini truck drive train.
The rock lizard 2.0 & large models are a little bigger, but still pretty compact. There is one dude who's shoved an LS in one of them.
The Sin City (the chassis I have) started their push into the LS/400/atlas drivetrains. Though the width is still narrow (47" inside of bar to inside of bar where the seats sit, so you guys running the wide corbeaus will have to get creative)
Now they have a couple new chassis the Atom & the Desert Lizard which I'm not as familiar with

View attachment 379454

Since you’re in Mebane, 10 min from me, I’d love to take a look at that chassis sometime if you wouldn’t mind.

Bringing this back from the dead, I have a real problem and bought a 2nd rock lizard. This one I'm wheeling this season while I continue to work on the big buggy (its currently at Mars Fab for some professional treatment).

This is their Trail Monitor chassis, its set up with a J20a 2liter 4 cylinder with turbo, mated to a TH180c, mated to a rock box 4:1 case. Axles are D60/70 with 6.17s. This one is pretty cool and completely different than the LS buggy I'm building. I have a set of fresh 39 reds I'm going to put on it when spring hits and the wheeling trips become more frequent.

1677521831844.png

View attachment 379454
What seats are you going with and how tight is the interior? I am looking at this one and the atombot but not many on the east coast to look at or discuss. Do you think it's wide enough for standard corbeaus and a full day of trail riding to be comfortable for some one over 6ft? I'm at 48 1/2 on my samurai buggy inside tube to inside tube and I don't think its really all that bad.

What seats are you going with and how tight is the interior? I am looking at this one and the atombot but not many on the east coast to look at or discuss. Do you think it's wide enough for standard corbeaus and a full day of trail riding to be comfortable for some one over 6ft? I'm at 48 1/2 on my samurai buggy inside tube to inside tube and I don't think its really all that bad.
I had two corbeaus and ended up needing to sell them because they were too wide where I needed my seats to be. I picked up some PRPs that slimmed down the width pretty good but as a 6' 2" 250lb guy, if I ride with someone equal size we're gonna be a little tight on elbow room. Here are some pics of progress and the new seats in. The buggy is over at @MarsFab for Chris's wayyyyy better than me skills. 🤘
1697490977473.png
1697491085912.png

Yes I have been following his updates on the facebooks page he has, that is gonna be sick. Did you get it as a bare chassis from fabn801 ?

Yes I have been following his updates on the facebooks page he has, that is gonna be sick. Did you get it as a bare chassis from fabn801 ?
Yea I picked it up as a bare chassis and got the drive train and axles in, then I made a run at linking it and was originally going to send to Chris for just tinwork but he's been kind enough to really take on many of the finer details of the build too. Been a lifesaver

Back