Eviction Nightmare

Morale of the story is these scumbags and all like them have nothing to loose like the real working class
Exactly this. Slum lord mentality attracts scum bags.

I would love to have great folks in there with an incentive like pay on time all year, get one month half off or something.

Everyone talks about the scenario that just happened to me. Many of you will repeat it to others. But not often do you hear about the good story where someone rented a place for 2+ years with no real issues and when they moved you just had to replace the carpet, fresh paint and repeat the cycle. That’s just business, that was the hope/expectation so no one talks about it like this.

The nicer the rental unit, the better the tenants you attract. Not always, of course there’s exceptions.
yep my tenants get half off December if they do right by me all year. Definitely not in writing anywhere so they can’t hold me to it. Basically hand them half the rent back.

I rented my garage apartment out to a dude for like half a year, and he paid his bills on time, we hardly even knew he was there, and he left the place nicer than he found it. He only rented it on the weekend though, while @Andy J. was raisin hell, trashing the place, and bummin' rides to work during the week :laughing:

That's not what that means.
I realize that but you also know what I mean.

As much as I want to get ahold of the guy and beat some sense into him, that revenge isn't up to me. It's best I let that be between him and God and I go on about my business in the best manner I can manage. But it's getting hard. Running into him somewhere alone, with no witnesses or anything would really test me strength to be able to walk away.

I realize that but you also know what I mean.

As much as I want to get ahold of the guy and beat some sense into him, that revenge isn't up to me. It's best I let that be between him and God and I go on about my business in the best manner I can manage. But it's getting hard. Running into him somewhere alone, with no witnesses or anything would really test me strength to be able to walk away.
I try to remember "when you mess with shit, you always get shit on you"...as deserving as he (they) are, they will own you if you lay a finger on them (legally, they way our system protects the stains)

...unless there is only one story to tell afterwards.

...unless there is only one story to tell afterwards.
200.gif

Man I am so sorry you are going through this. I can only imagine the rage that is building up. I remember wanting to throw hands with a banker when they didn’t accept my executor documentation, just a highly emotional time. It is such an odd time as you are so emotionally charged when you lose a parent, you are hurting, with feeling every emotion and you are trying to deal with it all and then doing all the things associated with someone’s estate. Then you throw this crappy situation into the mix I can see how one may want to scream, fight, and cry all at the same moment. Hang in there, glad it is hopefully getting close to a resolution.

If you cant emotionally detach from the home and separate the business from your feelings dont be a landlord.
This right here, we have rented some airbnb or vrbo. Where the owners were so damn pickey and had notes and warnings everywhere. At a lake house we rented Got into it with one bc there was a limit to how many people you could have staying at the property. I think we had 8 staying limit was 10, but he starts freaking out within an hour of arrival bc there was like 4 cars parked in the driveway and starts accusing us of having to many people at the house. (4bedroom house) He said the neighbors called him.. He was clearly spying on the cameras, Somehow mysteriously his cameras may have went offline. 🤷‍♂️

So I have not seen the crackheads. They also have not returned the washer and dryer, after swearing on her kids lives. I don't even think it's worth going after.
They left things they packed up, like kids toys and random things. I haven't messed with any of it, I'm simply working around it and leaving them time to come get it. Some of the stuff is the guys work equipment, he works (or worked?) for Service Master Clean and its a water extraction attachment. Might be the Good Samaritan and call SMC Monday to let them know....

Anyways, we are making serious strides in getting stuff done. I will soon have the house emptied except the items we intend to sell. One of which is a very nice regulation site slate pool table. It is reds felt and I will include 2 sets of balls and all of the sticks and the stuff that goes with it. If anyone here is interested before it's posted please let me know.

Also, a nearly new Cub Cadet 50" zero turn mower. I have a brand new set of blades, and need to put a new spindle on it which I will order today.
I am getting around to the buildings now, that have such a random assortment of junk/treasure. My mom bought extra everything when it was available. Extra washing machines, Extra HVAC, lawnmowers, you name it.

So I have not seen the crackheads. They also have not returned the washer and dryer, after swearing on her kids lives. I don't even think it's worth going after.
They left things they packed up, like kids toys and random things. I haven't messed with any of it, I'm simply working around it and leaving them time to come get it. Some of the stuff is the guys work equipment, he works (or worked?) for Service Master Clean and its a water extraction attachment. Might be the Good Samaritan and call SMC Monday to let them know....

Anyways, we are making serious strides in getting stuff done. I will soon have the house emptied except the items we intend to sell. One of which is a very nice regulation site slate pool table. It is reds felt and I will include 2 sets of balls and all of the sticks and the stuff that goes with it. If anyone here is interested before it's posted please let me know.

Also, a nearly new Cub Cadet 50" zero turn mower. I have a brand new set of blades, and need to put a new spindle on it which I will order today.
I am getting around to the buildings now, that have such a random assortment of junk/treasure. My mom bought extra everything when it was available. Extra washing machines, Extra HVAC, lawnmowers, you name it.

Interested in a mower, not the new one though. Really just need a 20hp motor.

I recently heard some advise a Reality man told. It concerned squatters, & rentals gone bad. If the squatters or move-ins, don't have a contract to be there, get a friend to sign an rental agreement on the place. That makes Him [or her], the Legal Tenant, & he can have the Sherriff evict them. That somehow is suppose to circumvent all the BS, & have the persons evicted without all the court shit & months of waiting. Maybe this will help someone else, in the future.
I'd stop taking advice from that guy.

Unless he's changed focus, @BIGWOODY had dozens of rentals... since he doesn't strike me as a "turn the other cheek" guy (especially involving money), I can only assume he had/has all those bases covered to protect against said douche bags?
There's only so much you can do, filing a notice is the best route. This is a messed up situation from start to finish. I've been burned , there's a learning curve. Buy nice houses and get good tenants has been my focus. I'll leave a house empty before I rent to a subpar tenant. With the way the rental market has been Greensboro the last few years I usually can hand pick my tenants out of a large pool of applicants. My properties have afforded me pretty much everything I have over the last 30 years. It's not for everyone and unless you're good at being assertive and have a nose for bullshit, I'd pump money in a 401k or Roth.

Back