everyone needs these for crawing

csanderlin

Not too good to stop on a dime. Thinking not too good with a guy in a turret trying to aim at something quickly.

I don't think I would want to run them in mud, when that gets stuck in all those cavitys it wouldn't ride to good going down the road because of the balance. Would have to hit a car wash quick!

Other downside is, no way to dynamically change the flex of the tire - like we currently air down to get it just right. You'd need a "tweel" that was tuned for the flex you wanted.

IIRC they really are more suited for military applications to replace aired tires which get blown out from IEDs etc.

Wonder if ya have to replace the whole wheel when the tread gets worn?

^Not sure about that Ray - Ive drive skid steers for 5+ yrs, all types and never seen these tires... The technology is only a few years old?

The spare tire in my wife's car is like that, so you never have to worry about a flat spare.

Let me reiterate Ratlab - it has only been revealed to the public the past few years - it has been around in the military for a "good decade"

^Not sure about that Ray - Ive drive skid steers for 5+ yrs, all types and never seen these tires... The technology is only a few years old?
Been in construction for 15 years now. While not every skid steer has them, several I've seen on big commercial jobs do.

Been in construction for 15 years now. While not every skid steer has them, several I've seen on big commercial jobs do.

Guess the companies I worked for couldnt afford em :fuck-you:

Guess the companies I worked for couldnt afford em :fuck-you:
I use to seel them at the scrap yard 8-10 years ago. I looked into them for my machine when I got it 7 yrs ago and they were real expensive like $2500. At that time you could buy four sets of regular tires for that. But at a scrap yard I'd say you probably would flatten a tire atleast weekly ao they would probably be a good investment for them. If you pay attention on a construction site you'll never need a set like that.

Back