Eco-line Van Rear Axle

NickMaul

Fellas,

Did the ecoline vans ever switch to the metric lug pattern that the super duty's went to? It would be a real score for me if I could find a full float rear smooth bottom dana 60 :rolleyes:

If they are only 8x6.5, are adapters even possible to convert to 8x170 since the wheels I am using would be hub centric?

TIA :usa:

I'm fairly certain the switch was in 03 or 05 for the E-series but not positive on that. It'd be easier to find the lug pattern you need than to convert since both are out there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I'm fairly certain the switch was in 03 or 05 for the E-series but not positive on that. It'd be easier to find the lug pattern you need than to convert since both are out there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Right. Starting out I will be running unorthodox tire size for the axles I want to run (35s and tons) so I was thinking a smooth bottom dana 60 would be best over a sterling...

04 was the last year of 8x6.5 for E250/350. I’m not sure if they kept the 60 rear or went to a sterling?

There are adapters for the lug conversion. The typical width for the E350 is 67-69”. Then add adapters and you’ve got a very wide axle. It may be easier to redrill the hubs. There’s an E350 disk brake axle for sale on here now.

@yager might be your answer man on these questions, i know he's been playing with them recently, he may know the answers

E vans
04 was the last year of 8x6.5 for E250/350. I’m not sure if they kept the 60 rear or went to a sterling?

There are adapters for the lug conversion. The typical width for the E350 is 67-69”. Then add adapters and you’ve got a very wide axle. It may be easier to redrill the hubs. There’s an E350 disk brake axle for sale on here now.

Actually, E series vans never went to a metric bolt pattern. They remained 8 on 6.5 throughout their production.
At Ujoint Offroad (when I used to do their gear installs) we would couple a Super Duty 60 front with an OEM van SF or FF rear. We simply added 8 on 6.5 to 8 on 170 spacers to match patterns and widths.
Smooth bottom van 60s are awesome. Factory discs, big spindles, lots of clearance under the diff.

E vans

Actually, E series vans never went to a metric bolt pattern. They remained 8 on 6.5 throughout their production.
At Ujoint Offroad (when I used to do their gear installs) we would couple a Super Duty 60 front with an OEM van SF or FF rear. We simply added 8 on 6.5 to 8 on 170 spacers to match patterns and widths.
Smooth bottom van 60s are awesome. Factory discs, big spindles, lots of clearance under the diff.

Cool cool cool. I plan on running stock steel wheels (over 5” of backspacing) so that will save me from having wide ass axles. At least I hope :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

E vans

Seems I was misinformed when I searched into it for my axle swap. What's the width of a SD D60? The D60U I have under my rig is 69" wms to wms. I feel like adding lug adapters would make it wider than the SD D60?

Seems I was misinformed when I searched into it for my axle swap. What's the width of a SD D60? The D60U I have under my rig is 69" wms to wms. I feel like adding lug adapters would make it wider than the SD D60?

72” according to my research

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i only deal in big axles..... ;)

the Econoline van are a weird things.
I really do NOT know about the lug patterns, but i can say that ALL RVs, Box trucks, Buses and Ambulance have 8x6.5 till ~2007ish
The regular vans (consumers E250/E350 off the lot from dealership.) I do not know....
The commercial vans ive only saw i the junk yards the D60 SF (E350) with rear disks too... some E250 have that.
i am sure that they come with the D60 FF but i haven't saw them.
And i'm sure that the come with SWR FF D60 and D70, the buses are a part of that.

if it a dully it has >= Dana 70
if its a E450 it almost always has D70HD, ~+5" wider a normal width E350, thicker tubes, and NO e-brakes,
different brakes and hardware, as big as you can get them with in a 16" wheel, literately
I have owned a E450, couple of E350, both SWR and DWR, so, take that for what it worth.... about .02

The spacers used were approx 1.25" wide if memory serves. We would have to shorten the OEM studs so the wheels wouldn't bottom out on them.
69" sounds correct for width.

Back