Early Bronco 4x4 help needed in the Triangle!

the pumpkin

Need some help with my 1974 Bronco Ranger. Looking to put a detroit locker in the 9" open carrier rear end. I've heard its an easy job for a mechanic....well, I ain't a mechanic, but I am mechnically "inclined". This job is for HIRE.

um, since its a 9", just get the whole 3rd member and replace that, maybe get diff gears and do the front at the same time. just an idea

but if you are a little mechanically inclined then i HOPE you can put a 3rd member in
tyler

If it's a full detroit that replaces the carrier, call Kevin Watts at Watts offroad - 919-818-8140

If it's a "lunchbox" locker like a lock-right, you might be able to "do it yerself and save"

Rich said:
If it's a full detroit that replaces the carrier, call Kevin Watts at Watts offroad - 919-818-8140

If it's a "lunchbox" locker like a lock-right, you might be able to "do it yerself and save"

Even though I am a newbie to wheelin' and haven't even really done any in my rig yet, I want to go ahead and put a detroit soft locker in. I've heard lock-rites are quite noisy. I'm also putting warn premium hubs in the front. Even though I'll spring for the detroit, I'm trying to do this as cost effective as possible.

Regardless of who/where you have build it.
Consider pulling the hogs head and taking it to the shop of choice.
Pulling the 3rd member is not a bad job equipped with some common sense and a set of basic hand tools, and will save you some money.
Not to mention giving you greater knowlege of the workings of your vehicle. A big help if you ever have to change a shaft or other axle parts on the trail.

As for a shop ...

[cough] ahemmm - think 86 north about 35 miles.
;)

Back