DTNA/Freightliner employees

firewood

Anybody here affected by the layoffs at the Freightliner truck plant? As a fellow Freightliner employee I hate to see anybody lose their job.

This sucks, I always hate hearing about the layoffs at FL. I used to have a few friends that worked out at the MH plant. Years ago one of them offered to try and help me get a job out there. I thought about it hard, but decided I was happy where I was at. A few months later he was laid off in a mass layoff.

Hope anyone affect d is able to find work or it's a short temporary layoff. Sorry to hear.

For the last year or two, Every manufacturer has been wide open. FL, running full blast / 3 shifts. Now the market seems to be leveling off, if not slowing. Presidential Election, probably has a lot to do with it. Me thinks 2016, will stall out.

Well, I put in an order for 6 more tractor units. I'm doing my part . Although, I don't know what trucks are being built at what plant anymore.

I think it's weird that units that should arrive to me this spring, are going to be 2017 models.

For the last year or two, Every manufacturer has been wide open. FL, running full blast / 3 shifts. Now the market seems to be leveling off, if not slowing. Presidential Election, probably has a lot to do with it. Me thinks 2016, will stall out.
2015 was a record year for the entire truck market. I know both Volvo and Mack ramped up production over the past 2 years, and has already announced the ramp down similar to freight liner. Sad but true, it's the nature of the market. I hate it for anyone who's looking for employment.

My wife got hit. Hopefully it will truly be a temporary layoff like the laperwork says. Last day was yesterday, get paid thru march 5, insurance through sept as long as we pay our premium.

Blue Max [dump trucks] just ordered 40 New Kenworths. Last years replacements were also Kenworth's. KW is kicking ass! Companies that place orders like that, bid it out, so the Others aren't being competitive [seems to me].

I had an interview with FL and they were telling me about how FL gives their employees a mercedes and swap it out 8K miles. How does that work?

I had an interview with FL and they were telling me about how FL gives their employees a mercedes and swap it out 8K miles. How does that work?
:popcorn: Uh, well, I drive past the MH plant every work day morning, during their 6:30 shift change. There looks like over 150 vehicles coming out, as the next shift goes in. I Don't recall seeing 1 Mercedes, in the Whole Bunch. :lol:

That's for the corporate building in Fort Mill, it looks like a BENZ dealership in the parking lot. Once you get to a certain level they give you a car and you can kind of pick how often you want it to change out. For employees that aren't that high you can get into a lease program for a nicely discounted rate.

I was told several months ago that this layoff would be temporary. A close friend of mine is in the lease program and gets a new Benz every 6-12 mos or so. I'm not one for leasing vehicles but for the deals he gets I'd be all over it.

Myself and 3 friends took a 1500mi road trip in one of those last yr. We all grew up together being pickup guys and couldn't stop laughing that we were flogging a new Benz on the interstate.

Late evening News [9], just announced Freightliner's Layoff, of 1500+ employee's. Rowan County [Cleveland Plant] takes the brunt, while hundreds at Mount Holly, also get laid off!
I think it takes effect Friday. Sorry for Bad news!

Back